Menu
j2d2uk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WIFI Hot Spots - why doesn't my phone auto connect?

I am VM broadband customer with VM mobile. I've been opted-in for hot spots from the beginning. I have the VM WIFI app on iPhone. I tell phone to forget my home WIFI. I see in WIFI app pink bubble centred on my home, and overlapping bubble from neighbours equipment. But phone won't auto connect to hot spot. No hot spot entry appears in wifi list. Yes I know i can connect direct at home, but i see the same thing in town when i'd like to use hot spot.

I've had several attempts at getting VM support to help - but that's not worked-out so far.

Is the pink bubble the indication that i'm in range? Should it just connect? What would it say i was connected to? When I click check account status it says it's all good.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WIFI Hot Spots - why doesn't my phone auto connect?

Hi j2d2uk,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with the Virgin Media WiFi app for hotspot connections. 

The More WiFi settings hold a set of extra WiFi features specifically for Virgin Mobile customers using Android devices.

On the app, please go into the following to make sure the settings are correct:

More WiFi Settings > Make sure this is Enabled (ON)

Report Hotspot Locations > ON

Auto Enable WiFi > ON

Please let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
j2d2uk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks. Any assistance appreciated. This is an iPhone (not Android).

I did the auto connect setup. It installed a profile. I see the pink circles on the app map. No connection.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi j2d2uk

Thanks for your response.

Could you uninstall the app and the profile and reinstall them and let me know how you get on?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos