Menu
gemstone83
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

WHY Do I listen to Virgin call centre PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Hi,

I've recently been in hospital so for the first time EVER I went over my allowance and been charged an extra £27 so my total is £43, £16(normal charge) and £27 for calls(over limit) also because I've been in hospital I've not been working so knew I wouldn't be able to pay this bill on time (12/06/15) so I rang up the call centre who said I can have a "Promise to pay" so I said great as long as it was paid by the (18/06/15) which I wouldn't have a problem doing it would be ok.

Now... I've had these "promises" from the call centre before which have landed me in trouble so I asked to be put through to "Collections" as I thought that was a UK centre who have ALWAYS been great and sort the problem out straight away.

Well it was another "foreign" call centre who then told be just to be safe to cancel my Direct Debit to which I said I've been told to do this before and it made things worse, well I was told "Don't worry I've put a note on the system that you have a "Promise to pay" and then you won't be charged by your bank for the direct debit, which will be coming out on Monday (15/06/15) Midnight???? I thought it was Friday (12/06/15) and they said NO it will be on the Monday as it always comes out after the weekend (which has been true it always has been a Monday) anyway I've just checked my bank now and guess what?? You got it £43 has tried to be taken from my account causing me to be charged £25 AGAIN BY VIRGIN!!!

I'M SICK OF THESE CALL CENTRES PROMISING THE EARTH!!!! Check my other posts.. see a pattern going on here?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can someone help me I'm in dire straight's enough with being in hospital for 3 weeks!

I can pay the £43 in full right now my only problem is I have the cash but can't get to my Bank as it's over 10miles from me and I'm still not well enough to travel. Please help me with this and my Direct Debit problem.

Many thanks in advance,

Gemma x

MS G L COOKSON

[Removed email address]

MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gemstone83
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: WHY Do I listen to Virgin call centre PLEASE HELP ME!!!

So mod you edit my post but can't be bothered helping me? THANKS VIRGIN MEDIA!!!!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Did you cancel the DD as advised by the call centre?

BTW the edit was to remove information the more unscrupulous denizens of the net could use to compromise your ID. It takes priority over answering your query. Which is likely to not happen anyway as its a billing query and you need to pass security checks.

Please don't think that's being clever, just trying to point out why

Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gemma,

Sorry to hear your experiencing issues with your bill

As Kippies mentioned due to the nature of your query and for security reasons you would need to contact us over the phone using 789 or 0345 6000 789.

As you have had numerous issues calling the contact centre I can arrange to get this escalated.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to get this sorted.

Speak soon.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos