Menu
orsoncart
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail ... who called me?

Is there really no way to find out the number of the person who left a message? The message is a bit garbled when the person said it on the recording.

On my old Orange contract years ago, you could choose an option to hear the number of the person who called you - or even get a free text with that person's number.

The voicemail seems to have been 'upgraded' - but I can't find this option. (Let alone visual voicemail on the iPhone which I had years ago when living overseas...)

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail ... who called me?

It worked on my phone a couple of months ago so I hope it still does  (as it is very useful on occasion):

The voicemail system does log the provided number of the caller. To hear it - after you have listened to the message you will be presented with a list of options, one of them is 'message envelope', select that and test out your ninja pen skills writing the number down. You can repeatedly listen as required.

0 Kudos
orsoncart
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think that option has now gone...

0 Kudos
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just tried calling voicemail and I see what you mean. I can't find any way of retrieving the calling number now Smiley Sad 

I don't see how it can be termed 'improved' - yes it sounds a bit clearer but it wasn't that bad before and now it's missing something that was useful.

orsoncart
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I called Virgin, and they said that they knew there was no option to find out the number of the person who called. Smiley Sad

There seems to be an option to get a text when someone calls you. However, despite it being apparently turned on, I've not yet received one when I tested it. So I don't know if it has the number of the person who called.

People calling from other mobile networks don't always leave their number - they say to 'call me back on this number', not realising that Virgin doesn't allow you to do that. It was bad enough with the 'message envelope option' (hardly an obvious meaning) and having it read out to you too fast to write down. 

I'm on a monthly SIM only plan...and it's perhaps best to look at other options. The signal is poor here, and there's no option to use WiFi for calls if there's no signal. EE has that. All in all, Virgin seems to be playing catch-up always, which is a pity.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi orsoncart,

I've just tested the text thing out...

I received a text saying "You have 1 new voicemail message" no clue as to who left it Smiley LOL

When will Virgin learn.... If it's not broke, don't fix it Smiley Tongue

Let's just hope that they add the "Message envelope" feature back.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.