Menu
roblightbody
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail "Your call cannot be connected".

I switched to Virgin Mobile 10 days ago, and ever since have been trying to get Voicemail working.

My phone appears to be configured correctly - but when I dial 222 it just says "your call cannot be connected".

Each time I phone 789 for help, I get different advice.  Twice I've been told to wait 24 hours for a setting to update, so that is why days go by.  

If this isn't sorted in a few more days, I'll be requesting my PUK code and moving on, again.

My phone is a Sony Xperia z2 which was previously on TPO (another EE virtual carrier).  WHen I type in the *# code to get my voicemail settings, it says its all set to +44 7953 222 222.

When I hold down 1, it correctly dials 222 for voicemail.

Any help greatly appreciated.

- Rob

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail "Your call cannot be connected".

Hey Roblightbody,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message on the Voicemail issue you're experiencing.

I am sorry to hear this and would really like to help out here and would just need to check on the status of the voicemail itself. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Stay in touch and have a great day.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
roblightbody
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Well I gave Virgin at least 6 shots to get this sorted, and they didn't manage.  So last night I cancelled.

I'm sorry, the outsourced call-centre (where are they based, their strange American accents are all the same?) were hopeless, and didn't escalate when they should have.  When I eventually got through to UK Customer Services, they still didn't sort it, and didn't call me back when they promised to.

Absolutely the worst Mobile Phone operator customer service I've experienced.

Cheerio.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Roblightbody,

Thank you for coming back to us and updating the Community, I am really sorry to read that this has some to the conclusion where you felt you needed to leave and have done so.

Although we respect your decision, we would like to mention that while this process is being done, I would like to offer any support in the meantime.

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
KieranMcLaren
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yup I have the EXACT same problem, and virgin keep telling me to turn my phone off and on again -_- not working, really disappointing and depressing that virgin can go to space but i can't access my voicemail....

0 Kudos
djsmiley2k
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I too have this problem, dialing 222 (or 221 as some sites state) gives me the sorry your call can't be connected as well. Can someone explain this or help me get it sorted? I presumed it was still calling EE's voicemail instead, but the number shown matches what everyone else has so I'm confused to what the issue is.
0 Kudos
szaman81
Up to speed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had this issue this is what i did to solve it

logged onto my online virgin account, went to plan and devices tab, scrolled down to the bottom and went to manage my services, scrolled down to voicemail, turned voicemail off and logged out. after 30 minutes took the same steps but turn the voicemail on and logged out. after 5 minutes from my mobile i dialled 222 and that setup my voicemail.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
djsmiley2k
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'll give that a try now, thanks!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hey djsmiley2k, 

I am so sorry to hear that you're experiencing Voicemail issues, has this been resolved? If this issue is still affecting you please come back and let me know and I’ll have a look into this for you. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
Ipaul
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

After the last week I was on the verge of leaving Virgin for this very issue. I had no help from CS despite numerous attempts. This method worked for me so thanks for posting it. Really not impressed with Virgin CS though!
0 Kudos