Menu
LilyPop
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail problems

Hope someone can help! Since switching to a new phone (Samsung Galaxy A3) a few months ago no-one can leave me a voicemail. The phone just rings and after a minute says this person is unavailable. I have checked my account on-line and voicemail is activated, I have dialled 222 and it says “you have no new messages”, so I know it is set up. I have also phoned Virgin Mobile twice, and had them reset it, but it still doesn’t work! I am not sure if I also have to activate it on my phone? I have settings for “always forward”, “forward when busy”, “forward when unanswered” and “forward when unreachable”. All of these are set to “disabled”. However when I try to enable any of these, I always get an error message “unexpected response from network”. Is the number on it correct? It says “VM: 222”. Last time I called Virgin they couldn’t find out what the problem is and tried to put me through to the technical team, but after holding for several minutes, I was cut off! I’m getting extremely frustrated!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail problems

You may need to set it up, go the the virgin mobile site, choose help, choose, mobile, choose voicemail FAQs, choose how do I set up voicemail, follow the instructions

sorry i can't post the link, iPads can't do that on this forum.

if that fails, then select phone, press and hold 1, if it says voicemail not set up add the voicemail number, select the voicemail number, add the voicemail number , select ok. Repeat the first two steps. ..... Taken from the Samsung site.

to find your voicemail number if you don't know it open the phone, dial *#67# the number that pops up, it may take a few tries, is your voicemail box number.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LilyPop,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I apologise for the delay in responding to your post. It's great to see that J0hn has been able to give you some advice about the problem with your voicemail. 

Checking this for you, I can see that your voicemail has been reactivated for you. Is this working for you now?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LilyPop,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your mobile voicemail service, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this and would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.
Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
LilyPop
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes all working now thank you! I don't know what the last person (4th person) did who I called but whatever she did it worked! Now just need to get my husband's sorted! Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LilyPop,

I'm glad to hear that your voicemail issue has been resolved on your phone. I'm sorry that it took multiple tries to get this fixed. Let us know how it goes with getting your husband's phone sorted or get back in touch if you need further help.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
JoRo
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad your voicemail problem was sorted out after 4 attempts. I had to make 5 calls to get the matter resolved. The first two told me they had fixed it. The third told me to await a text which might take up to 24 hours. I received a text the following day telling me the phone could now be used for roaming. I hadn't asked that question. The fourth cut me off.  The fifth fixed the problem. My experience does not engender supreme confidence in the help desk staff. 

0 Kudos