Menu
JJ-midlands
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail number updated - text message

Hello,

I've had my Virgin mobile for a few years now and this morningI received this text message:

'Your voicemail number is updated. If you receive this message again store +447953222222 in your contacts & dial direct to access voicemail.'

The text is just from 'Virgin' (I can't see the number). I'm concerned because it was just received randomly and a quick search of the internet suggests that it could either be a scam or is the number for the Voicemail on service on the EE network! If you could let me know if this is a genuine text message or if anyone else received this message then I would be grateful. Many thanks everyone. 

Tags (2)
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail number updated - text message

It's the new number for the Virgin voice mail, so it's a good number, mine arrived a week or so ago

Karsten
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is a bit of a discussion going on about that message: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1781376

Most seem to think it's genuine, but also that it is an EE service?

What do they even mean "If you receive this message again..." - is once not enough?

Personally I stay away from it and wait for something more official than a random SMS.

Tags (2)
andy989
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JJ,   I did mention this whilst on the phone to customer services and it is indeed part of the new voicemail system they have.

So don't be scared of it. It seems there are a lot of people mentioning this very same subject all over the place.

I think virgin (who use the EE network, hence the txt being fromm EE) should have made a bigger statement about this so everyone knew it was legit and not scaring people.

Hope this helps, Andy