Menu
Marco1974
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail notification from Pre-PAC number stuck on screen (Android) Please help!

Hi,

I have an unlocked Vodafone Ultra 6 and have joined Virgin on a rolling SIM contract having been disappointed with the signal on GiffGaff.

The problem I have is an unlistened-to voicemail that has come through on the SIM's original number just before the PAC transfer went across. Thus, I have a constant voicemail symbol at the top of my screen that I can neither access nor delete! Obviously this is very annoying as I now can't tell when I have a voicemail on my new number.

When I try to access the notification, it rings and then says something like "All calls to this number are barred" and hangs up.

I have attached a screenshot to further explain. I phone 789 and, though they were very helpful, I don't think they quite understood the problem so I thought this would be a better bet.

My Voicemail on my ported, current number works fine but I get no notification and, if I hold down "1" it goes to the old number again and gives the "barred" message.

Any advice would be most welcome!

Thanks

Mark

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Marco1974
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail notification from Pre-PAC number stuck on screen (Android) Please help!

Typical, after a week of being stuck with it, seems the phone call DID do some good as the notification has now vanished!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail notification from Pre-PAC number stuck on screen (Android) Please help!

Hi Marco1974,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really glad to hear that is all sorted for you now. Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos