Menu
Goldfisher
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail notification - but no voicemail there

I get a notification that there's a voicemail (the red dot on the phone icon and the voicemail icon).  When I call my voicemail number, there's no voicemail there.  After I call my voicemail, the notification disappears.  However, it happens every few days and it's quite irritating to have to call my (empty) voicemail just to clear the notification.  It happens even when there hasn't been a voicemail left since the last time the issue occurred.  How can I resolve this?

0 Kudos
rustleg
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail notification - but no voicemail there

Same here - red dot on voicemail icon, iphone 6+ IOS 10.

It has only started recently. It seems to happen after I've received a call even though I answered the call. At first I thought it was possibly some IOS update bug but then I figured it could be Virgin mistakenly sending the phone a notification. So probably some faulty software update in Virgin's servers? 

0 Kudos
Goldfisher
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Same - it's only started recently and the issue seems to relate to making and receiving calls for me too.  Since it started, I've also had calls drop out a few seconds after I start a call - it goes dead on their end and if I redial right away it doesn't connect.  I have to wait a few minutes before I can call successfully.  I use my phone for work so it's really disruptive.  Mine is an iPhone SE.

0 Kudos
Goldfisher
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you haven't found a solution yet, I found something that helped.  I called my mobile from another phone and left a voicemail for myself (actually just a few seconds of blank recording).  I also turned flight mode on for a while, then did a hard reset.  I read somewhere online that it might help.  It's been okay since then, although it's only been a day or two.  Might be worth a try.

0 Kudos