Menu
Sttu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail not working

My voicemail does not work. I try dialing 222 and 07953222222 and it tells me to contact cust services. After 10 calls and them trying to reset it still not working. Half the time they say they will ring back and don't so i have to keep repeating myself. They said a text would arrive to reset it but it does not arrive. Been to virgin store and they say they cannot help. Can someone please help.
0 Kudos
Magic66
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail not working

Hi Sttu,

I know exactly how you feel!  I too had the same problem (along with a couple of other issues) just recently after I moved (ported) from EE to Virgin Mobile.

I wish I had the actual solution to detail for you, but in my case after speaking to Customer Services - over several phone calls - they eventually put me through to the Technical Department who had to 'rebuild' my Voicemail.  The quoted time-scale for this was 5 days as they were having lots of issues with 4G SIMS - although the tech I spoke to stated that he has noted it being completed within 24 hours.  I can safely say in my case, I was up and running within 24 hours.

Call 789 from your mobile and insist on being put through to the Technical Department.

Wish I could have been more help.  Persistence is the key here and don't believe when they say they'll call you back - they never do!

Magic66

P.S.  The possible issue I had, which I cannot verify for sure, is that I should have set up my Voicemail using the telephone number (new SIM) provided by VM first before porting my old number - although this is not detailed anywhere!!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail not working

Hi Sttu,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your voicemail. It's great to see that @Magic66 has been able to give you advice on this. Has the issue been resolved since your post?

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos