Menu
nerandmac
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail is not picking up calls

Hi

My Sony M5 says it's set to the "network provider" but it doesn't forward it. I've phoned the helpline twice and both times I've followed their instructions (dial 222 and select 2, follow the "instructions") and both times it says my greeting "has been set".
Both times I waited 20 minutes and turned my phone off and then turned it on again and my phone still doesn't go to voicemail with missed or rejected calls.
Please can someone help?
0 Kudos
nerandmac
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail is not picking up calls

Anyone?  Anyone at all?

I have tried to get this fixed through customer services twice now (the last time being the 29th August) and it still has not been sorted.

I have 2 missed calls already this morning and 0 voice messages. I know it's not a guarantee that someone will leave a message but I get this a lot. Even when family members (some of whom would definitely leave a message) call and I miss it, I still never have any messages.

I've tried it myself from a landline to my mobile and it results in either an automated message kicking in after several rings saying "The mobile number you have called is currently unavailable: please try again later" or, if I reject th call from my handset it goes to an engaged tone.

How do I confirm it is setup correctly? I only ask because the "instructions" on option 2 never specifically give an option of "to activate voicemail on your mobile, press 1 now" or anything like that.

If my account is setup correctly then the voicemail should kick in but it doesn't.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail is not picking up calls

Hi nerandmac,

I have responded to your original post about the problem you are experiencing with your voicemail service here: Voicemail is not picking up calls

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos