Menu
nettienettie
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail box number problems

Hi there I have an Iphone 5 and a sim only Virgin 30 rolling contract.

I cannot set up my voicemail properly.  It would appear I do not have a voicemail box number.  I 'cheated' and used the voicemail box numbers I found on here i.e.+44002 & +44003 - both these worked but then my phone goes straight through to voicemail.  When I type in *#67# it says that everything is successful but it does not give me a number where the calls are being forwarded to.

I have tried typing **61+44+44003**15# & also this number plus my mobile number.  I am at a loss.

I rang 789 and my answerphone was reset and I was given a new pin number but that didnt work and I had to use my old pin number.  At no time have I ever seen a voicemail box number so this is where I think the 'error' is.  

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Voicemail box number problems

Hi nettienettie,

I've just tried on my phone.

*#67#  OR *#61#  both result in showing my Voicemail number.

It's strange that you're having so much trouble with this.

Are you able to look at your account on line > "Manage my services" is Voicemail ON?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos

All Replies
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try the setup procedure from the start.  

• Dial 222 from your mobile and listen to the message until the end.

• It’s important to press “1” if the automated voice asks you to, otherwise your voicemail service won’t be activated.

• Keep your phone on for 20 minutes. If you get a text that says PERS, ignore it.

• After 20 minutes, turn your phone off and on again.

Now your voicemail’s setup!

Then set a voicemail PIN

A PIN will protect your voicemail and lets you pick up your messages from any touch tone phone.

Here's how to set your PIN:

• Call your voicemail (usually this means holding down the ’1’ key on your phone).
  • Choose option 2 from the first menu (change mailbox features) and follow the instructions from there

Your PIN

• Must be from 4 to 10 digits
  • Can't be a single digit repeated (like 1111)
  • Can't be an ascending or descending sequence (like 1234 or 7654)
  • Can't be your phone number or part of it
  • Can't be 7890, 2580 or 1210
  • Can't be the same as the previous
0 Kudos
nettienettie
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying Enlli but I have done all that several times over.
When I dial 222 - the option I get are Press 2 to change mailbox features or press 0 for help - this message is all I get & after repeating 3 times it disconnects me. I've gone into '2' changed my messages. I've gone into '0' & listened to the help. Nothing!

I have set up a pin (even changed it several times) - that's not the problem.

What I'm concluding from reading on this forum is that I don't have a 'voicemail box number'.

When I go into *#67# - the message I get is 'setting information succeeded voice call forwarding when busy Disabled'. No number is given.

To get this far ( so I can see the sign at the top of my phone) I used someones else's Voicemail Box No.(+44002/3)and entered it into - settings - phone - call forwarding along with my phone number.

I have rang 789 & they reset my voicemail but that never worked either.

So my question is - Where can I find or how do I get the 'Voicemail Box Number' for my phone (not my pin number).

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi nettienettie,

I've just tried on my phone.

*#67#  OR *#61#  both result in showing my Voicemail number.

It's strange that you're having so much trouble with this.

Are you able to look at your account on line > "Manage my services" is Voicemail ON?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
nettienettie
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail box number problems IPhone 5

Thanks Alexkid for your reply which did in part help me.  I went to 'manage my services' as you advised and my mailbox was switched on so I switched it off for a few hours.  When I put it back on & dialed 222 - I was finally told by the system that I didn't have a voicemail box (yeahhh) and to phone 789.

I did this and spoke to a very helpful Rose who took the trouble to listen to me when I said it wasn't a pin code I was after but a voicemail box number - (everyone keeps offering me info on how to get a pin code - I had already done that).

Anyway to cut a long story short - after first saying it was Virgins fault for setting up my account wrong -  apparently its all to do with my phone being an Iphone 5 which according to the tech dept. the voicemail box number doesn't always show up when you dial *#67#.  They are checking my account details tomorrow to get this number and Rose is ringing me back. So fingers crossed.............watch this space! 

0 Kudos
nettienettie
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail box number problems IPhone 5

Well that was a waste of time.....they never bothered to phone me back.  Was I expecting too much perhaps?

So I now need to gear myself up and start the explanation process all over again to someone new!

0 Kudos