Menu
Paddler42
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail and International Roaming has never worked despite many calls to Virgin support

I and my wife transferred to Virgin Mobile over a year ago, from Orange, and ported our numbers over.  Voicemail and international roaming has never worked despite many hours on the phone to Virgin.

Each time everything is checked and reset to absolutely no effect. 

One thing I wonder about is that both our phones report the original pre-porting numbers when you look at the SIM settings.

Getting very frustrated and think we will have to move to another phone company.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail and International Roaming has never worked despite many calls to Virgin support

Whilst on the surface porting you numer fron EE to Virgin or any network, is far from simple in the background.

To put it simply, your number stays with the owning network and calls etc are forwarded on form the old to the new network and phone number.

You may be correct in your idea that roaming is causing this issue.  A problem when you call in to 789 is that most of the staff will have NO idea bout this. You need to speak to a member of the tech team ( call 789 and choose the appropriate option, you may get someone with the training and experience to resolve this)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail and International Roaming has never worked despite many calls to Virgin support

Hi Paddler42,

it is usual for the SIM to retain it's original number after porting.

Some phones do have the ability to edit the SIM number.
Look in the SIM settings on your phone to see if yours can do this or if it really bothers you, call customer services on 789 and ask for a replacement SIM.

I don't believe this will be having any bearing on your voicemail and roaming issues though Smiley Sad

Unfortunately it's as J0hn says, perseverance until you can get a member of the appropriate team with the correct training to setup your account correctly.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Paddler42
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the advice, looks like we will have to settle in for a long session with Virgin Support.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paddler42,

Thank you for coming in and posting your message, welcome into the Community.

I would like to help and would certainly like to try and get this sorted for you, I would like to ask you if you can reboor your phone? Failing this, I would like to send you out a new SIM card.

If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Thank you.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos