Menu
Rebecca90
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail activated but won't cut in

Hey I'm new to virgin mobile I joined around two months ago and people have been telling me my phone just rings and rings until it finally cuts out saying "user unavailable" I set up my voicemail as soon as my sim arrived by calling 222 following the instructions and got a text saying it was set up and activated. When I call my voicemail everything is normal it's set up and says I have no messages.

Both my parents have joined virgin this month too and the same was done when they got thier sims. I called up customer services explaining and they gave me a pin and gave me instructions to then change the pin to something of my choice as a solution to the problem but still no luck.

Does anyone know why the voicemail isn't cutting in? Customer service don't seem to have a solution so any help or advice would be welcome. Thank you.

Helpful Answers
emilyp10
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Voicemail activated but won't cut in

Hi Rebecca,

Looking at what you have said it seems your number has got in a bit of a pickle when we migrated across to our new voicemail system. Not to worry though, this can be fixed, if you give us a call and ask to speak with technical support we can look into getting those diverts set up properly for you. Our front line team can only reset this on the system but if you ask for technical support we can look into it in more detail for you and get it working in no time.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Emily P

- Source - (I work for Virgin Media but all my opinions are my own)

All Replies
emilyp10
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Rebecca,

Looking at what you have said it seems your number has got in a bit of a pickle when we migrated across to our new voicemail system. Not to worry though, this can be fixed, if you give us a call and ask to speak with technical support we can look into getting those diverts set up properly for you. Our front line team can only reset this on the system but if you ask for technical support we can look into it in more detail for you and get it working in no time.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Emily P

- Source - (I work for Virgin Media but all my opinions are my own)

Rebecca90
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily thank you so much for your response I really appreciate it Smiley Happy I'll give them a call and fingers crossed it gets sorted.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rebecca90,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for getting in touch about your voicemail. I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing a problem with your calls being picked up on voicemail even though you have activated the service.

It's really great to see that emilyp10 has been able to give you some great advice about getting in touch with our Mobile Tech team for support. Has this been sorted out for you now?

Please let me know if you need further help with this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Rebecca90
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terri I am pleased to say that my problem has now been sorted. I was helped by a lovely woman named Karen who quickly and easily sorted it all out for me Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rebecca90,

Thank you for the reply and of it being great news too! Smiley Happy

We're chuffed that it's been sorted and that Terri and Karen have been able to help out. Although I wasn't part of your solution this time, if you need any help please let us know and we'll be right with you.

Take care and all the best Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

normanLinux
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Glad to see that this customer had their problem resolved.  I had the same problem and it was resolved very quickly - by talking to the REAL technical people in Swansea (not the prompt-sheet readers in the Philippines).

The good news is that the excellent staff in Swansea fix in minutes problems which the Philippines centre fail to understand.  

The bad news is that they are being disbanded and their jobs farmed out to the Philippines - just as so many companies are realising the benefits of repatriating support.

0 Kudos
Rebecca90
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I don't know anything about what virgin media is doing regards to their customer support teams and where they are based, however I must say the woman who helped me was from the generic customer service team. She offered to put me through to technical support but asked if she could try first saying she believed she had the skills to fix the problem I said of course and she quickly solved the problem without me having to be put through to tech support. I understand not everyone has the same experiences however not all of the employees in the customer service team are just "reading scripts" they do try their best to help and actually know what they're doing. I think the main thing to take away from all of this is how we all got the problem fixed which is the main issue here. Thanks again to everyone who replied on here and helped it's much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Rebecca90
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Ben will do.
0 Kudos