Menu
leighannedavis8
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail - Samsung S7 Edge

I set up the voicemail when I originally got my Samsung S7, however, have only just been notified that there is no voicemail and cuts off after several rings. How do I get a voicemail to actually work!?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Voicemail - Samsung S7 Edge

rob01792 wrote:

I've got the same problem voicemail was working until Friday when I got a new 4g sim card it now stopped working just rings off phoned customer service he said its been re activated guess what still not working I need my voicemail for work as sometime I'm not able to answer and message state to leave message and ill call u back this will cost me work = money. please virgin sort it

Had the same problem as you after inserting my new 4g sim.
Luckily for me a simple fix worked for me, I logged into my online account and disabled Voicemail, left it for about 10 minutes and then turned Voicemail back on > rang Voicemail (222) and listened to the message all the way through till the end > after about 10 minutes - I restarted phone and then Voicemail was working again OK :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi leighannedavis8,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered with your voicemail service.

May I ask if you are still able to call through and check for messages in your mailbox?

Let me know and I can take a closer look for you.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
leighannedavis8
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Yes, I can still call and listen. 

Thanks

leigh

0 Kudos
rob01792
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same problem voicemail was working until Friday when I got a new 4g sim card it now stopped working just rings off phoned customer service he said its been re activated guess what still not working I need my voicemail for work as sometime I'm not able to answer and message state to leave message and ill call u back this will cost me work = money. please virgin sort it

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

rob01792 wrote:

Had the same problem as you after inserting my new 4g sim.
Luckily for me a simple fix worked for me, I logged into my online account and disabled Voicemail, left it for about 10 minutes and then turned Voicemail back on > rang Voicemail (222) and listened to the message all the way through till the end > after about 10 minutes - I restarted phone and then Voicemail was working again OK :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
Talamat
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'll have to give that a try on mine Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi leighannedavis8, @rob01792 and @Talamat,

I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems with your voicemail service. It's great to see that @teabag has been able to give you some great advice. If you've tried @teabag's suggestions, has this worked?

You can also check out our online Help & Support site on this: Virgin Mobile Voicemail.

Please let me know if you're still having problems with your mobile voicemail service and I'll be happy to look in this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Talamat
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I did try, but it still didn't work.  Also phoned up support to try to get it working and it's still not.  Every time I ring voicemail I get redirected to a message saying there are technical difficulties.

Holding off phoning up support for a 3rd time.  Need to be in the right frame of mind for that slog.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Talamat,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry that your voicemail still isn't working! I'll look into this for you, if you like so you won't need to ring in. 

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
rob01792
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

no it didn't work for me but customer service sorted it after 2 phone calls the 2nd advisor was very good she even phoned me on another line to check it was working before hanging up

0 Kudos