Menu
AndyT8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail Problems No Voicemail Plus since migration to new voicemail

Since my account was migrated over to the new voicemail system I have gone back to just the standard voicemail service (3 days of saved voicemails) despite being on a pay monthly account that should have kept the voicemail plus service (21 days of saved voicemails). Indeed the virgin systems show me as voicemail plus - it's just I don't receive that service.

I have phoned Virgin support on 789 at least 8 times over the past 3 weeks (migrated on 26 July) and despite their various efforts and me removing batteries, sim, cleaning contacts etc etc at the request of tech support - I still have the standard service.  Must have spent 3 to 4hrs on hold, listening to music and actually speaking to them.

Today they tell me that I am not the only customer who has problems since the migrations !!  So please don't ring back until next Friday (6 days) as EE will be working on the problem every day next week.

Wow - if only they had told me this on my first call I could have saved much wasted time contacting their helpline repeatedly.  Seems that Virgin Mobile don't like admitting their problems and would prefer to fob off their customers by asking them to repeatedly try turning their phone off and on and then wait a day or two to try and fix it themselves.

Lets hope my post will help others in the same predicament with their voicemail post the migration to the new EE system.

Andy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail Problems No Voicemail Plus since migration to new voicemail

Hi AndyT8,

Thanks for coming in and posting your message here in the Community.

When things don't go to plane it's never great, I would like to look into this further but have been unable to locate your account and check on a few aspects. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
AndyT8
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Another week passed and Voicemail Plus still not working right - just behaving as the standard voicemail and deleting my messages after 3 days rather than the 21days I should be getting - and always did before the migration. Must be some fundamental fault that EE have yet to fix.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndyT8,

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry that your Voicemail Plus still isn't working on your mobile service.

In order to look into this for you, I'll need to verify further details with you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndyT8,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your Virgin Mobile Voicemail plus service, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this and would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.
Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
AndyT8
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No still only getting the basic voicemail service despite apparently my account details at virgin mobile showing that I am the voicemail plus service.

They have even sent me a new replacement sim card which I have changed over to but that did not work either.

Latest excuse from a chap on technical support was that since the migration of voicemail I should only be getting 3 days for saved messages on voicemail plus.  This was despite me pointing out to him that on your webpages you clearly state the differences between the two services - voicemail standard and voicemail plus.  Furthermore why would all of those others on the virgin mobile help desk have been trying to get me onto voicemail plus service standards for the past 4 weeks and even letting me know that I was not the only customer who's voicemail migration had resulted in this downgraded service.

So 5 weeks now and still not fixed.

Rather a long url but here is the voicemail faq page I refer to.

"Choosing my voicemail service"

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1003&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFl...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndyT8,

I'm sorry that your voicemail service is still not working. I will need to check the settings on the network for you, so will need more details from you. 

I have sent you a private message just now.  Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
AndyT8
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Okay read and replied to your PM. Still only getting the basic 3 day service and not the 21day I should be on pay montly. A number of other operators seem to at least store voicemails for 7 days. Not as good as your 21 day service (if you can get that|) but better than the 3 day basic. Most of my messages seem to be about appointments that are more than 3 days away, so most annoying to have the message deleted before the appointment.
0 Kudos