Menu
GraYam
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail Notification Message Bar won't clear. Phone type Motorola Moto G 1st gen. On Lollipop soft

Voicemail all set up and has-been working fine for years. Now all of a sudden and even though I have no voicemail messages saved and new messages deleted, I have a permanent Voicemail message notification sitting across the locked phone screen and when I unlock phone the tape recorder symbol for new messages is ever present in the top right hand corner of the screen. Attempts by Virgin Tech Support to resolve have been hopeless. Seems that as long as my voic mail works (which it does) they think I have no problem. My phone is a Moto G 1st generation and is now on Lollipop softwar. 

Anyone else come across this issue or have a solution?

Cheers, GraYam

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail Notification Message Bar won't clear. Phone type Motorola Moto G 1st gen. On Lollip...

Hi GraYam,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having this problem. Are you able to dial 222 from your phone first of all?

Let me know if this helps clear the notification.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail Notification Message Bar won't clear. Phone type Motorola Moto G 1st gen. On Lollipop soft

Hi GraYam

Voicemail notifications are working fine with my Moto G 1st gen updated to lollipop.

Have you tried restarting phone, or leaving yourself a new voicemail and then deleting it - to see if that clears the notification.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
GraYam
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail Notification Message Bar won't clear. Phone type Motorola Moto G 1st gen. On Lollip...

Hi, I got in touch with Motorola Tech Support and got a complete and quick answer. What was suggested was to power down phone, take sim card out and restart phone. Leave Phone on for a couple of hours. In meantime, put simply card in other phone and call up Voicemail. Listen and delete any messages (I had none) then power down that phone and take out the sim card. After the two hours up, power down original phone and replace the sim card. Power up and hey presto, voicemail notification bar gone and tape symbol gone too. Big thanks to Motorola and Thumbs Down to a miserable performance by Virgin.

0 Kudos
GraYam
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail Notification Message Bar won't clear. Phone type Motorola Moto G 1st gen. On Lollipop soft

Hi, yep tried that but didn't work. See my other post which thanks to Motorola solved the issue. Cheers!

0 Kudos