Menu
garethdh
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Voicemail Mobile

I have just moved to VM but my voicemail is not working despite Customer Service saying it is activated. When I call my mobile is just rings out.

My account on the website says that voicemail is inactive and  even when I change that to active nothing happens. In fact when i go back to my account is just shows as inactive again. 

This really is a pain in the *** What do I need to do to get this sorted ?

0 Kudos
ChrisM_OK
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voicemail Mobile

RIng voicemail from your phone - you need to set it up for the first time.  Follow the instructions to turn voicemail on and record your greeting.

Press and hold "1" on the keypad to get to voicemail.... if that doesn't work, then turn the phone off, wait a couple of minutes, turn the phone back on again and try a second time.

From memory, Virgin's phones automatically set the number "1" to dial your voicemail, and the information is transmitted to the phone when it's turned on.  I've had to sort this out in the past on my own phone.

HTH

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi garethdh,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your voicemail service is not working.

ChrisM_OK has hit the nail on the head. You'd need to set it up from the handset itself. I've included a guide here which should help you.

Please let me know how it all goes for you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What Chris said will not work on new system, calls are barred to voicemail from my handset until you get that Voicemail button on VM site to stay locked ON, it keeps reverting off for me also.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ignore above, even though the new sites glitches are causing me not to have Voicemail working yet I did set it up using the above mentioned 222 (thanks for info) what I said above is wrong.

I cannot set it all up fully though.

I get that MSG pressing 1 due to fact my phone system status see my old number not ported number.

I will need dial 222 for Voicemail once is fixed or factory wipe my phone to get "dial 1" to work.

0 Kudos