Menu
pheonixmick
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Voice mail on galaxy s5 wont turn off. I've tried #004# and a lot more but it wont off.

I don't want to change from virgin but at the moment it seems I will have to as every call I receive goes straight to voice mail.

On Virgin Mobile site it says it is turned off but when I try to change call forwarding on phone it says "Unable to deactivate diverting when busy. Unsupported by operator."

I've tried ringing 789 but they couldn't help as they couldn't speak English adequately. 

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voice mail on galaxy s5 wont turn off. I've tried #004# and a lot more but it wont off.

"004" GSM codes don't seem to work on Virgin.

Try *#67# for divert on busy status & mailbox number. Then #67# to disable.

It used to be that the only way to disable voicemail altogether was to ring the call centre. Now it seems that the option is online, but I have not tried it.

However why do all the inbound calls divert to voicemail? I wish I knew as I too experience this problem on occasion. If the caller does not leave a message then there is no voicemail alert and nor are there any missed calls logged. So you don't know that this problem has occurred.

The call centre helpfully advise ringing when the problem occurs, but who are you supposed to know when that it is? And in any event it takes so long to get somebody capable on the phone that the problem might well have stopped of it's own accord. I have spent hours on this and have got precisely nowhere. I suspect that it is some sort of internal roaming problem related to incomplete integration of the Orange network.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voice mail on galaxy s5 wont turn off. I've tried #004# and a lot more but it wont off.

Hi Phoenixmick,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues with voicemail.

I can't view your account via the forums to see what's wrong I'm afraid.

The best way to get this sorted is to give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and ask to speak to the technical team.

The team can raise an IT ticket to ensure that this is fixed for you.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
pheonixmick
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I rang them and have got it taken off.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi pheonixmick,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm glad you've managed to get the voicemail turned off.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos