Menu
mingor
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Voice mail not working because error message is returned when I try to forward to 222

Hi,

Have an S3 mini and have noticed my voicemail has stopped working. First thing I did was check the forwarding settings and here I've hit problems. Forwarding is disabled, but when I try to enable it on busy/no answer etc. I get an error message: Unexpected response from network.

Did try phoning this in, but waited for 5 minutes only to be told "I'll just transfer you to the tech guys" then transferred back to the queue I'd already been waiting in for 5 minutes! Priceless.

Any help appreciated, but I think the error is on the network side. Would like to avoid a factory reset if possible, but will try that if no other option (though not convinced it's a handset problem).

Cheers,

Rob.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
MAnderson70
Up to speed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Voice mail not working because error message is returned when I try to forward to 222

Hi Rob, I've posted this on a few similar threads. Hopefully it has worked for people, but they haven't replied, so I don't know.

I had the exact same problem, but figured out that you need to add your mobile number into the forward when busy/forward when unanswered/forward when unreachable boxes, instead of 222. You have to replace the 0 at the start of your number with +44003 though. (example: +440031234567891 instead of 01234567891).

Try it & let me know if it works. Quicker than calling 789 & spending ages trying to get it sorted by the customer service team.

Cheers,

Mark

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voice mail not working because error message is returned when I try to forward to 222

Hi mingor,

Thanks for your query Smiley Happy

Our team can get this all sorted for you. Give them a quick call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and they can make sure that the voicemail service is enabled.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
trish1426
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever get this sorted.

trish1426
0 Kudos
mingor
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Actually, no it isn't. I phoned it in to 789 for me and my partner who has an iphone 5 on virgin mobile. They did something and her's now works, but mine still doesn't. I'll phone it in again.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi mingor,

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
MAnderson70
Up to speed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Rob, I've posted this on a few similar threads. Hopefully it has worked for people, but they haven't replied, so I don't know.

I had the exact same problem, but figured out that you need to add your mobile number into the forward when busy/forward when unanswered/forward when unreachable boxes, instead of 222. You have to replace the 0 at the start of your number with +44003 though. (example: +440031234567891 instead of 01234567891).

Try it & let me know if it works. Quicker than calling 789 & spending ages trying to get it sorted by the customer service team.

Cheers,

Mark

mingor
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,
Thanks very much. Tried that and it is now working fine.
Cheers,
Rob.
0 Kudos
MAnderson70
Up to speed
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

mingor wrote:
Hi Mark,
Thanks very much. Tried that and it is now working fine.
Cheers,
Rob.

Superb!! Thanks for letting me know Rob, glad it worked!

Mark

0 Kudos
Jomar_uk
Just joined
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you mark

45 frustrating mins to 789 and no solution.
Yours worked great!

Shalom john
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Glad to see you got this sorted Jomar_UK Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you need anything at all and I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos