Menu
grahamm7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Voice Mail on LG K8 with Virgin Mobile settings and use!

I have an LG K8 with Virgin Mobile.  I received a Voice Mail call the other day and realised I may not have configured this.  So if I dial 212 I should go into VM but it starts showing contacts from my Contact List?  If I press and hold 1 to get VM I get a message that there is no number stored on the SD card.  I will assume that my VM is activated as someone left me a message that I listened to.  I have printed out all the pages of Virgin Mobile Voicemal (4 sides) Starts How do I set Up Voicemail?  It says dial 222 ..  Then how to setup PIN talks of holding down 1 then chose option 2 not sure about that.  Not sure about this no number on my SD Card.  Sorry but this doesn't seem very easy.  It was much easier on my old Dumb Phone with O2.  So any guidance would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voice Mail on LG K8 with Virgin Mobile settings and use!

Hi grahamm7,

May I ask what you hear when you dial 222? This should direct you through setting up voicemail and thereafter will put you straight through to your mailbox.

The voicemail service itself is managed on the network side so if 222 is not working, it could indicate there is indeed an issue that needs to be fixed.

Let me know and we can take a look Smiley Happy

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
grahamm7
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

When I dial 222 I hear the VM left by Virgin Media.  I have no idea how to delete this message. I press 1 and hold it down it says Missing Voice Mail number - No voicemail number is stored on the SIM card.  I don't think I have set up a message for people to hear on VM.  Nor have I set a PIN as far as I know.  I have no idea how to configure this LG K8 using Virgin Mobile.  Have looked around for a helpful User Guide. Downloaded some written details but they are not that helfpul or easy to follow.  I was going to search UTube - you never know someone might show me how to do all this setting up and using Virgin Media in conjunction with my Smart Phone.  (I had a dumb phone before and that was straight forward).  But if someone from the Forum can show me that way that would be great.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi grahamm7,

If you are able to hear a voicemail message when dialling 222 then this would indicate it is indeed setup and working. I wonder if you are hearing the initial setup process.

May I ask what the message says?

Our phone guides will help address the fact there is no voicemail number stored in the handset.

When you press and hold the 1 key, mobile phones will usually dial a pre-set voicemail number and it seems that this is missing from your LG K8.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

0 Kudos
grahamm7
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have downloaded the User Guide for LG K350N (can't find much in about configuring VM)!  If I press and hold the Number 1 according to a UTube instruction this should automatically enter VM.  I should hear instructions about how to hear my VM etc.  I suspect the message I get about no number stored on my SIM Card means the phone doesn't know the number to use for VM.  I probably need to enter it somewhere.  Been through settings can't see any such settings.  If I dial 222 I go straight to VM and no instructions.  The first VM messag I have ever received I hear.  Great - how do I delete it.  So VM is sort of working but I guess not configured probably.  Sorry this is my first Smart Phone I am quite computer/technology savy but there appears to me very little clear information on how to set up VM on this LG K350N (K8) phone from Virgin.  It would be helpful for some steps I can follow that work.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi grahamm7

I hope you don't mind me helping out whilst Liam is away. I'm sorry to hear you're still having difficulties setting up voicemail on your LG K8. It sounds like the voicemail service is all setup but that the handset doesn't have the information it needs to automatically dial the voicemail number when you press and hold the 1 key.

Does the phone prompt you to add a voicemail number when pressing and holding the 1 key? If not it can also be added on the LG K8 by following these steps:

• Dial *#67# into the dialling pad; this should give you your voicemail number so make a quick note of it.
  • On the dialling pad there should be a menu icon in the top right hand, it will look like 3 dots, each one on top of the other.
  • Tap on this and select Call settings.
  • On the menu that pops up select Voicemail.
  • Select Setup.
  • This should bring up the Voicemail number, it should be the same as the number you noted earlier, if not change it to what you have noted down.
  • Once it's entered turn on the new voicemail number as prompted on-screen.

Also just to mention this as well, but you can delete voicemail messages by listening until the end of the message where you will get the options to either save or delete the message.

I hope this helps but let us know if there are any further difficulties.

Kind regards.

Dave

0 Kudos
grahamm7
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

#67# plus CALL said it was forwarding calls!  I worked out that dialling 222 put me into VM.  So when I pressed and held 1 and it said no number on SIM Ok and managed to enter 222.  So now if I press 1 and use the DIal connection (Green phone) it puts me into 222 as if I had dialed it.  As an engineer there should be a settings area or VM.  I have looked under the Settinhgs and CALL and there isn't a clear area of setting up VM messages etc.  There was a message at the end and 3 deleted the message but I wasn't patient enough to plough through all the message.  Sorry but I am impatient.  Also I notice that call unanswered and call unreached have the number 0447953222222 in them.  I assume being an engineer that this is the VM number of the VM for Virgin.  If you dial this number it says that calls to this number are barred??  Might be an idea publish this area on VM clearly and easily accessible.  I don't find Virgin that easy to find the information and as an ex IT engineer I am used to fing stuff on the Internet Sites or on APPs help or Googling it.  Ok say I making progress.  the Next thing will to be to record my message.  I have found the VM information and the User Guide for my LG K350N (although Virgin made it appear to be an LG K8 on their publiciity).  Oh well I have a habit of being confused. 

0 Kudos
grahamm7
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have found the step by step guide and they are pretty clear.  But it starts to say enter your correct VM number starting 044 but doesn't show the whole number.  I suspect 0447953222222 is the VM voice mail number.  And maybe if the VM on the phone dials it one hears the message stored at Virgin? I have entered 222 which means that I get VM but they may not be the correct number.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi grahamm7

Indeed that is the standard voicemail number although it is usually displayed as +447953222222, some phones will ask for the number but without the + sign at the start as well.

Just to clarify if the phone is giving you the option to edit or change the voicemail number, it should be the long number as advised and not 222. Dialling 222 can access voicemail however it may not automatically correct the issue on the handset itself. Is the phone giving you the options as advised or are you seeing a different layout on-screen?

Kind regards.

Dave

0 Kudos
grahamm7
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If I enter +447953222222 for VM then use 1 to hear VM it says calls from this number are barred.  If I leave out the + sign still says the same thing.  However putting 222 in there works.  I have now set a PIN if I dial 079553222222 from a land line.  Then give it my Mobile No and then my PIN number I can hear my VM calls from another phone.  I know how to set PIN from 1 followed by 2.  I can set my VM message when I decide what to say.  So VM is working but I am still not clear what the correct number to put in on the phone for VM 222 or the longer number.  The longer number doesn't work and after all one is telling the phone the number for VM that whose service is on the phone (dialing 222 connects to VM).  Presumably the phone can then access the VM on the Virgin Service without the mobile number or PIN as you are making this connection from the actual phone.

0 Kudos