Menu
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Voice Mail costs

My wife had a missed call from an unknown number so ignored it, a minute later she had a notification she had a voice mail message.

I looked up the number and it seemed to be spam from a cold call company, the only costs I can find are that voice mail is 26p but there's no date on the VM announcement.

The alert won't go away and she's not going to pay 26p to remove it, I assume you're charged as you dial the number even if you don't listen to the message.

She's on Flex - Original PAYG, could anyone point me at an up to date cost for voice mail and is it possible to remove the message without getting charged other than disabling voice mail?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Voice Mail costs

Really? You typed all that to try and save 26p, and it's not even Virgin's fault that you're having to pay it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just seen the white rose. Everything makes sense now (I'm from the red rose county).

I don't understand why you won't just pay the 26p and delete the message. I'm assuming that you want to be able to give your number out, and be reached by voicemail if (say) you're driving.

If you have a phone, you're going to get cold called on it. It's not even a case of whether you send a text to I'm a Pop Idol Bake Off (although that sort of stuff doesn't help) - eventually a computer is going to ring you up with its random number generator and leave a voicemail saying you're entitled to PPI.

If you need voicemail, you're going to have to put up with the cost of retrieving it or change to a tariff where voicemail cost is inclusive.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi norskyorkie,

Thanks for posting your query with us.

Here is a link to our help pages explaining a break down in the costs of retrieving your voicemail with us.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for unambiguous information Stephen_B, trying to find this has been difficult, thanks again.

0 Kudos