Menu
petercg
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin used to have a way of locating lost phones. Does this still operate?

This morning I could not find my phone.  I went to my Virgin account online as I thought it allowed you find a missing phone.  I could not find this tool.  I called Virgin several times and got the usual run around, being put on hold, cut off, put through to the wrong dept etc etc. Anyone know if this facility still operates?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin used to have a way of locating lost phones. Does this still operate?

Potentially you mean the Virgin Media Rescue service which is here https://virgin.yougetitback.com
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
petercg
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well, I clicked on to this and it said my membership expired on 23 Feb this year.  I went round the houses when I tried to enquire about this with Virgin and was directed to an insurance service which confirmed I had no insurance, which presumably you have to pay for. So is this the only way to access this service?  I.e. by taking out a mobile insurance, which you don't need if is already provided by another insurance service, as with a bank account?  Is there no other way to access this facility via Virgin?  What is also a puzzle is that I remember using this locator facility through Virgin before, but was not aware it was linked to an insurance deal.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media Rescue was part of the insurance service, at one point it was required to be installed to qualify for the insurance. It included an app to download to your phone. However it is currently in the process of being switched off as it will no longer be required as part of the insurance.

Virgin Media Rescue is the only tracking service Virgin Media offered - however there are similar services available directly within Android and Apple devices.

For instance

Android - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6160491?hl=en

Apple - http://www.apple.com/uk/icloud/find-my-iphone.html

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
petercg
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

OK, got it, thanks - and I tried the Android link and it worked.

Your answer was totally clear and accurate - which leaves me feeling all the more frustrated at my experiences with customer services today!   Either the people who answer the phone should be equipped with this information - or they should know to access it.  And when I was transferred to the insurance company which runs Mobile Rescue for Virgin, the rudeness was beyond belief! Customer advisors are supposed to own the problem they are presented with, instead of instantly disowning it, constantly interrupting me when I tried to explain what I needed, and then just cutting me off.

0 Kudos