Menu
eltel31
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin too quick off the mark??

Bought the SIM only deal for 2 phones at £8 a month (each) on 17th July. Still waiting for the SIM, PAC code from O2 and the unlock info from Samsung.

Yet I've just received my first bill of £16 which says "This bill covers everything up to the end of 17th July 2015" then further on it says "Allowance Period 17th July - 16th August".

Is it to 17th July? Or is from 17th July?

I signed up on 17th July as I knew that getting SIM/ PAC/ Unlock would take a week or so and my O2 contract expires early August.

I never thought I'd be charged by Virgin for a service that I couldn't possibly be using at the moment?!

Clarification appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos
geordiechris
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin too quick off the mark??

It is a generic email that everybody gets regardless.

The bit that says the bill covers everything up to the end of 17th July 2015 is for out of allowance charges that have been made up to that date (obviously with you being a new customer that charge is £0.00). The £16 to which it refers is for the service for the next month covering up to 16th August.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
eltel31
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi - thanks for the reply. What about the fact that I'm being charged from the date I  signed up rather from  the date the service is up and running ( That's what I'd have expected?!)  Seems a weird way to welcome a new customer.....

0 Kudos
geordiechris
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes that's a bummer. Everybody is charged from their sign-up date rather than when you receive your stuff and that is because, in my opinion, the SIM card is already activated when you receive it.

I also thought it strange but if you look under 'My Orders' when you log into your account and click on 'View order details' you'll see that it says the upgraded sim (don't know why it says upgraded either) is activated immediately.
0 Kudos