Menu
warmy22
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin sim only

Hi i have a sim only deal but for my daughter but have brought her a new phone 4 Xmas .it refreshes on the first of the month looking to upgrade her current deal so when would I need to upgrade it so she can use her new phone and sim on Xmas day?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin sim only

Hi warmy22,

if you want your daughter to be able to use 4G on Xmas day you will need to upgrade her SIM to one of the new 4G plans now so that it will be available from the first (the refresh date).

Order by 28th November and get double data Smiley Happy

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html?intcmpid=MOB_OP_offer...

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi warmy22,

if you want your daughter to be able to use 4G on Xmas day you will need to upgrade her SIM to one of the new 4G plans now so that it will be available from the first (the refresh date).

Order by 28th November and get double data Smiley Happy

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html?intcmpid=MOB_OP_offer...

warmy22
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks 4 your reply not I'm not very good with these things so need to upgrade now before the refresh date of the old sim? How many days do i have to activate new sim? When does the mad sim end?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi warmy22,

order it now (before the 28th so that you get the double data offer). Then I would activate it once you receive it so that everything is setup and working correctly on the account before Christmas.

Yes, you'll have to give the SIM to your daughter early but just tell her that you ordered it to take advantage of the double data offer which will start from her next refresh. The new phone will still be a surprise Smiley Happy

warmy22
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again what would happen to her old sim ?would I need to cancel? Sorry for so many questions? Did try and ring 789 but they were a bit confused in what I asked

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi warmy22,

once you have received the new 4G SIM, send the text READY to 789678 from your daughter's old SIM.

The old SIM will deactivate (become obsolete) and some time after her new 4G SIM will become active.

(Put the new 4G SIM in the phone and periodically turn it off and on to check for network).

Occasionally activation may take upto 24 hours.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi warmy22, 

You can update the package at any time and it will take effect on your next refresh date, so as long as you do it before the 1st it will go live on the 1st December. It may be worth taking advantage of the double data deals we have at the moment like AlexKid mentioned. 

If your daughter is currently using the SIM I wouldn't suggest activating the new SIM as it will cancel the old one, unless of course you want to give her the new SIM before Christmas (which may spoil the surprise). Once a SIM is ordered you have 30 days to activate it so if you plan it right you will be able to activate it on Christmas day and keep it all a secret. 

Hope this helps and have a Merry Christmas 

Thanks 

Mike 

0 Kudos
warmy22
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Great info Michael g yes my daughter is currently using her sim so as I want to keep it a suprise I will order the new sim in the next few days so that I will be able to activate it within the 30 days and she will get one of the double data deals
0 Kudos
warmy22
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If I activated the sim on the 25th of December before the 30 days to activate it when would I be billed? It's a bit complicated .
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi warmy22, 

The billing would start from the Tariff start date, if that date was the day you purchased the sim, then that would be the day the billing would start. 

The 30 day activation is a different thing, if the sim card isn’t activated in 30 days it will automatically deactivate and a new sim would have to be sent as the original one can’t be reactivated once it disconnects. 

I hope this help, if you would like someone to look at the start date please give us a call on 789 and we can look into this for you. 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos