Menu
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin should have switched to Three

Disappointing that Virgin Mobile chose to stick with EE for its mobile network. If they'd gone with Three I'd have considered switching for the four-play discount. Three's network is more reliable, their backbone has more capacity and they admit when they're wrong.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Be nice, eat all your vegetables and keep your room tidy.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin should have switched to Three

sounds like you should be with three Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Already switched 2 of my VM sims to '3'.

Brilliant 4G reception,(get better 4G reception with '3' than 3G reception with VM!!) superb ENGLISH, HELPFUL, KNOWLEDGEABLE customer service personnel  & cracking prices too!!

2 more VM sims to be swapped when they come up for renewal, and all will be well.

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

apcyberax wrote:
sounds like you should be with three Smiley Happy

I've been with them for several years and very happy with them but if I could get a good deal on Three's network then I would probably give it a go.

Massage an ego, click the kudos button. If someone answers your question, mark it as helpful.
Magic_M
Up to speed
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Personally I'm glad they're staying put. There's no third network around these parts (let alone a fourth) so, as much as I feel like I could like them, Three simply don't exist from my point of view.
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

every network out there has there faults incl virgin moblie/ee/bt moblie even o2/tesco/giffgaff i been with 3 network before had this signal problem they can't fix that was 3 years ago they have there own problems around some areas don't have a signal at all and 3 network been on there own for a long time they tryed to buy o2 network but they both had same signals with customer service's virgin/ee/bt moblies are the wrost out of them all o2/tesco/giffgaff i say bit more better in customer service even 3 network

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
CQ20
Up to speed
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Depends on local coverage. 3 is dire where I live and when it can't get 3G let alone 4G, there's is no "2G" fall back despite what they might say. I often use my phone to make/receive actual phone calls (radical, I know) and 3 is simply no good for me.
0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

There's good and bad everywhere and although EE has the largest coverage their infrastructure is dire and their attitude awful. Although my personal mobile is on Three I have a company mobile on EE and their customer service is still as awful as it was when they drove me into the arms of Three. A couple of years ago I reported a problem to both EE and Three. No service on either network in a large area. I already knew that they shared a cell site for this location. Three were straight on it, told me what the problem was at the cell site, confirmed it was a shared site with EE and told me that BT had already been informed (it was a problem with the pipe). I phoned EE and they denied there was a problem even when I told them what Three had said and tried to get me to factory reset my handset. There's a world of difference between the way the two networks deal with network problems - Three accept responsibility, EE deny everything.

0 Kudos
wonkotsane
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The coverage in Telford and wider area is great on Three. I get speeds that rival cable and at peak times kick its ass. I get VoLTE pretty much everywhere round here. Travelling out to Wales there's barely any coverage but then there's barely any coverage with EE either. They have a long way to go but I'm very happy with Three's network.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

i been on 3 networks up to now virgin moblie has wrost customer service's 3 network been good on customer service but i had signal problems with them about 2 years ago with 3g back then none and same with virgin moblie now i am with tesco moblie use o2 network and chaeper then o2 i had one problem with family settings and they sorted it on online chat and there signal is good for me and customer service is ok i tryed to get a contract with o2 with carphone werehouse and asking me to pay £150 to join i went with vodafone about over a year ago and there customer service sucks i asked them to reduce my plan they say they can't so i went with tesco moblie for £20 less then i am paying vodafone o2 and vodafone can be expeisve 50/50 3 network can be little more expeisve pair to tesco moblie with contracts

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos