Menu
Emmaf01
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin repairs won't listen or repair

Ive just had an awful phone call from Virgin Mobile repairs and I'm really upset they ate going to send back a phone that has not been repaired!

My virgin mobile Samsung A5 stopped being able to charge. I restarted and rebooted. I tried four different chargers. I looked for clues on the Internet, checking the port was not showing any damage or blocked in anyway.

I rang Virgin, explained, they went through everything i had checked and organized a repair box and I sent the phone back.

Today I had a phone call from a woman at the repair centre. She didn't believe my phone was no charging because it is fine for them. Didn't I try different chargers? Yes I did. They probably weren't for the correct phone? Yes they were, my husband and neighbour both have an A5. Didn't ii do a soft reboot? Yes I did everything suggested. 

So she says they are just sending the phone back with no repair. Great. Thanks for nothing. And when it won't charge, or do I just send it back every fortnight for them to charge it?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin repairs won't listen or repair

Nope. May be a trek but Samsung direct will be your best bet 

We have had a few on here that have gone down that route after Virgin returning the phone and they seem well pleased with the level of service.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/support-centres/

0 Kudos
Emmaf01
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So Virgin repairs department is so useless you need to go somewhere else? I've never been spoken to as though I'm imagining my phone wouldn't charge! 

I've only had it for 14 months and it is in perfect condition. Virgin said it's still in warranty. Will it still be in warranty for Samsung too?

There isn't a support centre nearby, will Samsung repair by post?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

2 years warranty on all Samsung phones

Must be worth giving them a call

0 Kudos
Emmaf01
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know this seems daft but I got a ruddy Virgin mobile contract phone so I didn't have to worry about this? Why can't they just fix it?

0 Kudos
Kevin13
Settling in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What a sham. I have a Samsung A3 contract phone and it has a 2 year warranty but Virgin wont repair it under the warranty, they want £97 or they can send it to me to then send onto Samsung to see if they will repair it.

Extremely disappointed and dont get me started on trying to use your virgin mobile abroad!! They are a disgrace. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin13,

Thank you for your post, 

I have replied to you in another thread you have created, in the nature of keeping everything in one place can you reply to me here?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos