Menu
jenniferF
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin or Yodel sent my mobile phone delivery to the wrong address! Whyy?

Hello, I rang up Virgin on Sunday (04/01/15) to order a mobile contract (Samsung S5 mini, £20 a month) to be delivered next day. By Wednesday, it still hadn't arrived. I rang up Virgin again just to check. The lady on the phone told me it had already been delivered, I told her that it hadn't and we were both a bit confused.Whilst on hold, the lady found out that the phone had been delivered to the wrong address to the wrong person. Not sure if my name was on the address label because I wasn't told. The lady told me she would give me a call back today (08/01/15) to let me know whats going on. I've had no phonecall yet! (18:54).

I realised I got a text from Yodel saying that I am due for a delivery on the 05/01/15, I had ordered a load of stuff off the internet and the text didn't specify what it was so I forgot about it. Only to realise it was probably my phone! I didn't know Virgin used Yodel you see. So, I tweeted Yodel asking them what the deal was and they investigated, told me everything I knew already...it had been delivered to the wrong address but this is where it was told to go by the sender? They private messaged me via Twitter yesterday sayign it should be with me today as they will arrange for their driver to retrieve the phone and send it back to me.

But, to be honest, I don't really want a phone if it has been tampered with by somebody else! I am annoyed that the latest phone has just been sent to a random address, I hope they are not a bunch of Jeremy Kyle contestants! I am hoping it was delivered to a nice home! My tracking order said it was refused twice...so maybe they are nice? I just hope they don't have my details at that address now? The address, was given to me over the phone by the Virgin lady and also told to me by Yodel via Twitter, I got a name of both parties too. (confidentiality?) The address is about a 5 minute drive from mine! Kinda wanted the phone on Monday too! Has anyone else had a similar problem? Nothing seems to get done until I tweet my concerns for everyone to see, then they quickly start sorting things out! 

0 Kudos
grumpygraeme
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin or Yodel sent my mobile phone delivery to the wrong address! Whyy?

i did feel sorry for you,until you started talking about how you "hope it went to a nice home". what a snob

0 Kudos
Paynetw
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not had this problem (apart from late delivery, although "I hope they are not a bunch of Jeremy Kyle contestants" comment made me laugh.

Hope you get your phone soon.

Also if you do find your handset has been tampered with I believe you have 14 days to cancel the contract, maybe Virgin would prefer to send you out a new phone rather than lose your custom. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JenniferF,

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with this. Are you any further forward in getting the phone so far?

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
defected_sound
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hope you received your phone and that the seal on the box had not been broken? If it had you can refuse on that term.
0 Kudos
Arturad
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin give me wrong tracking I'd to yodel
0 Kudos
Arturad
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I order phone online after few Houers Virgin send my mail and tracking ref.no.but I can't tracking my order because Yodel can't find my parcel,delivery day is 25aug. Today is 26 and still not have my phone
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Arturad,

Thanks for posting.

It appears you've posted here also which I have answered for you.

If we can keep the conversation in one thread it will save any confusion in future.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos