Menu
Iainncr
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin network not available

Hi,

For the last 3 days, my mobile has not been able to see the Virgin Network ("Emergency calls only"). I'm on a pay-as-you-go Virgin SIM. I've tried lots of soft and hard resets, but although it can list other network operators, it can't see Virgin and it can't connect to any of the others. I've tried where I live and also where I work (30 miles away) with the same result. I put my wife's SIM card into my phone, and strangely, it could see Virgin on the list of network providers and it could connect fine to EE, which is her network. So it doesn't seem to be my phone that's at fault. I also tried my SIM card in her phone, and that didn't work.

Any ideas? Do I need to get a replacement SIM card?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin network not available

Hi Ianncr,

well it seems you've tried all the obvious things first (did you also try gently wiping the gold bit of the SIM whilst it was out of your phone?).

It might be time to give customer services a call (0345 6000 789 from any other phone).

They will be able to check your account and get a replacement SIM sent out to you if necessary.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Iainncr
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks AlexKid,

Yes, I did indeed give the SIM card a clean (not that it looked dirty), but it made no difference. I can pop into a Virgin Media store tomorrow, hopefully they can sort me out.

Cheers,

Iainncr

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sadly the store is not able to replace SIM cards, they require programming to your number call 789 as advised, it won't be despatched before Monday and will take a few days from them via Royal Mail
Iainncr
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks J0hn, that's really useful - saves me a trip!

0 Kudos
lthoel2
Just joined
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same problem. I have just rung customer service and the young lady told me to switch my phone off wait a few seconds then switch it back on. Hey presto it works again. It could be wrth a try

0 Kudos
Iainncr
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I switched it off and on again, removed battery and SIM card multiple times, but no luck. I phoned customer services and they are sending me a new SIM card, so we'll see if that solves the problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Iainncr,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry that you've had problems with your mobile network connection. Apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

Thank you for coming back to us with an update -- did the new SIM card fix the problem? 

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi lthoel2,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for taking the time to post. I'm sorry that you had the same network issue as Iainncr, but I'm glad to hear that you were able to call in and we were able to help get this working again for you.

Please let us know if there's anything we can help with.

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Iainncr
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri_P, and anyone else with a similar problem to me,

Yes, the new SIM card solved my problem. I had to activate it online, but after that I was connected. I still notice that when I try to list the available networks, Virgin does not appear, but I am nonetheless connected to Virgin and can send and receive SMS and mobile data, so I suspect this is not an important detail.

And I'll just note that I got through to Customer Services within seconds of ringing them and got very good service, and the new SIM card was dispatched with next-day delivery.

Cheers,

Iain

0 Kudos