Menu
gdg
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin network going to "Emergency Calls Only" on Blackberry Q5. And poor customer service

Over the last week or so my Blackberry Q5 has been losing network coverage in the evenings. 

Usually during the day it is fine with 4 bars and an "H" symbol.    But in the evening it quite often changes to the phone icon with a red exclamation mark which says "Emergency Calls Only".   Then i can't make or receive calls or texts.

When It goes down, if I check Settlings > Mobile Network  The "Network Selection Mode" is on "Automatic" and the only "available network" is "SOS".

If I change "network selection mode" to "manual" and then Scan, it sometimes sees other networks, but won't connect to them.

Then the following day it comes back to life itself anyway.

Phoned the Customer services number 0345 6000 789 (i think) from my landline and after going through the press "2" for this and Press "1" for that....I got cut off twice.

Tried again and got through to a woman who didn't know much.  She suggested turning off and on again (which I'd done) and taking out and replacing Sim (which I'd done),  Then she suggested pulling the battery  (seemingly clueless that the Q5 battery isn't removeable).  She said she'd put me through to "technical" and then cut me off

4th call to Customer services....we went through the same thing, this time I finally got through to "technical" who also had no suggestions other than sending a new SIM card....

..not sure what good that will do.

Apparently I've still got 5 months left on my contract so they won't let me move to a better mobile provider...even though I'm being charged for a service they can't provide and it's their uselessness that makes me want to move.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin network going to "Emergency Calls Only" on Blackberry Q5. And poor customer service

Hi gdg,

I'm really sorry to hear you're having some problems with this.

If this is happening in only one area, there may be an issue with the signal. Are you able to PM me your full postcode so I can make sure there's no faults in the area?

Send it over as soon as you can Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
KdH29
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin network going to "Emergency Calls Only" on Blackberry Q5. And poor customer service

Did this ever get resolved? I also have a Blackberry Q5 and can now only get 'emergency calls only'. My signal's never been great (despite Virgin saying that the coverage in my area is "very good").
What can be done for this issue?
Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi KdH29,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with signal in your area. So we can get this looked into for you, are you able to PM me your full postcode?

You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the private message option on the right hand side.

Once you've sent this over, I'll run some checks on your area to ensure we get this fixed Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos