Menu
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 31 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin mobile time to be honest about data roaming shambles

Thank you Rich I appreciate any help you can give getting this resolved once and for all.
0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 32 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich any news? It will be the seventh day tomorrow without roaming due to VM.
0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 33 of 48
Flag for a moderator

23.33 10/08/2017 - spoke to Leon at VM he admitted there is is currently numerous people in the canary islands being unable to use data roaming. He said there no update as promised by the prior VM advisor from their back office team.

He said he has requested I'm called back within 24 hours by a VM advisor
I'll update if it happens.

Looks like a seventh day without roaming it is VM.

So I was correct from the start VM have serious data roaming issues in the canary islands and they are trying to keep it hushed up.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 34 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samuelos,

Thanks for your patience while I got this investigated for you.

I've had the team look into this further for you and they confirmed everything is successfully provisioned on the network. I refreshed it again once more to see if it will work so please restart the handset and try again.

You have also:-

• Confirmed you have data roaming enabled on handset.
  • Confirmed you have the correct APN settings (see here for these).
  • Confirmed you have tried all available networks.

If you're still having issues then the only thing left to do is to test the SIM card in another handset (with updated APN's). I know this is easier said than done but it should reveal what the issue is.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 35 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Rich I will try this first thing tomorrow. And update if it has finally day eight of no data roaming abroad to see if it finally works.
0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 36 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Rich this did not work I am still left without data abroad.I tried in another phone I did a reboot etc.

I had to call again 30+ phone call I think

Called 12/08/2017 at 18.30 spoke to Andrea she said the IT (back office ticket was resolved at midnight last night. She checked all my settings all were fine including APN - she then says to wait for 24 hours basically to call back tomorrow if it is still not functioning. This is wasting my time and ruining my holiday abroad. What is going on here?

This is the 5th or 6th time I've been told to wait 24 hours without it being resolved?

This is beyond belief it is becoming a fat joke.

0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 37 of 48
Flag for a moderator

22.35 I called VM and spoke to Ron, to tell them for the millionth time my data is still not working after waiting another 24 hours for the 5th or 6th time.

He said change the network manually then switch It back and turn my phone off for ten minutes and this Will work.

I tried and Guess what?

It still doesn't work.

Please can someone at VM call me and take ownership of the issue they have with roaming. Asap.
0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 38 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Ten days abroad still no data roaming after 30+ phone calls to VM.

Last call was today 14/08/2017 spoke to 'bimbo' (you couldn't make it up): they stated this issue was being dealt with by their back office to which he said he had no contact for and couldn't update me or couldn't promise when it will be resolved or promise that anyone could call me back.

I have tested my sim card in my partners phone added the Virgin apn settings etc and surprise surprise it still does not load up data. So I know 110% that this is a network issue with VM and the network provider.

Can someone in this VM forum team speak to the so called "back office" and instigate this as it is absolutely ridículos.

Why out of all the mobile networks is VM so poor both in data roaming and customer service?

Can the VM forum team confirm I'll be fully reimbursed for data bought whilst abroad. I'll send you the receipts if so. If not then this may end up a legal claim (in which I'm seriously considering right now).
0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 39 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Call 16.51 14/08/2017 : spoke to Ron, Ron said there maybe a technical issue with my sim card. This is the latest excuse by VM though I do not believe a word that is said. My sim card works 110% back in the UK with call texts and data. I refused for a new SIM card to be sent out as I simply do not believe this is true. It's BS. The advisors are putting the issue off. If need be I will have my sim card independently tested by someone with feedback as to any "technical issues".

After speaking to Ron I said I want to speak to a manager - where I was left on hold for ten minutes (he was hoping I would hang up - I didn't) he then claimed no VM managers were available to speak to. He then claimed that a manager will call me back by 6pm GMT today.
0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 40 of 48
Flag for a moderator

The manager did not call me back as promised.

I spoke to Danny 19.50 14/08/17: after telling him his manager/s did not return my call he said that was disgusting service. He agreed with me customer service is pathetic for VM. I actually agreed with him he is a middle man on this. In terms of the issue of data roaming no solution was offered he admitted that there are data roaming issues in the canary islands and people are unable to receive data.

My question here is is VM knew they had network issues and customers unable to connect to roaming, why did they not communicate this to customers from the offset? Why did it take me 35+ phone call going through various diagnostic tests and APN settings etc and numerous network refreshes to only find out with 110% certainty that this is a network issue in which VM has with Movistar. Why was a lied to why was the truth not given. Why did the last person try and make out my sim card could be faulty - absolute BS. I found out the truth and VM treats customers like utter idiots and lies and decieves them.

Danny offered to credit my account £15 as compensation. I turned this down as the amount of time taken by me and the cost of topping up on alternate local sim card has out weighed that by far and if VM blindly ignore my current claim and compliant pending with them as of now and not respond within this time frame with an appropriate followup then I will be taking you to court.
0 Kudos