Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin mobile time to be honest about data roaming shambles

Hi Samuelos,

I'm not avoiding your questions. I know that roaming does work on our network, so if there was a major problem, all customers abroad would have this problem, or problems in certain areas would result in multiple posts coming in from customers in that area. I have had confirmation from various Community Forum users today that are in the EU that they are able to use both voice and data roaming.

I would like to log onto your account and check this for you, but without you verifying the details I have already requested, I am unable to do so. 

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 12 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I have the APN Virgin mobile settings on my phone setup correctly as per many conversations with customer service and verfied by your settings onthis fórum. What is the next step and can you log on yo my account please and see what's happening.

It states on my account:

Hold fire! We're just changing your settings
Please try again in a few minutes.

Its been like this since I arrived here 4 days ago.
0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 13 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Day five no call back from VM no communication no Support. No call back from the Manager Dion as promised. Still stuck without use of my mobile whilst a paying customer.

Virgin mobile admit you are a mess who.ever your ceo is needs to step down asap.

Ofcom here I come!
0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 14 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone at virgin going to fix this? 5 days abroad no commincation, my phone calls are cut off no call backs.

Your data roaming is a joke.

Someone at virgin call me now and sort it. Last chance.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 15 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Have you sent the requested Private Message to @Terry_P yet, so she can look into your account for you?
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 16 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I sent her my details and heard nothing back and no reply - I'm used it now with VM.
0 Kudos
BrashJerk
Dialled in
Message 17 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Samuelos i agree with you 100%. I've been trying to get them to listen to me about this problem for months as well. i think the management are incompetent and even when I asked for a postal address of the management team I was given a generic complaints address that no manager will ever see and they fobbed me off with "there is no problem regarding this". THERE IS A PROBLEM with this and they just aren't listening. It seems nobody from Virgin are going to accept it so we have to do it ourselves to get them to listen. I think we should start contacting BBC Watchdog or something to make it known loud and clear what this company is like. Bad press seems like the only way these people will ever accept THERE IS A PROBLEM! Hundreds of people have had to put up with this nonsense for far too long and I'm sure they will support what we are saying. I think most customers don't even know whats been going on in this forum for years and think their own bad experience is isolated to themselves. 

I'm furious about their PR guy's statement to The Register who tried to imply this problem is down to customers not knowing they needed to activate roaming on their accounts. It's nothing of the sort. Customers who have set their accounts and phones correctly still have to put up with this crap.

Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 18 of 48
Flag for a moderator

In their statement about " roaming not working for VM customers" He tried to make out VM customers are incompetent and hadn't switched their roaming on..yes we bloody well have. Also I love the way it states this has only effected a "very small number of customers" this is complete bull and an insult to all VM customers.

I spoke to a customer service guy whom admitted there were thousands and thousands of customers left without roaming. Also you need only to go through this forum and see how many posts about out roaming not functioning abroad.

Their complaints process is nonsense and on their terms, I'm going to use other legal measures when I return. Including ofcom and like you state using watchdog or the BBC to get this situation public.
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 19 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Still no call from VM as promised by Dion (apparent manager). Still waiting VM.
0 Kudos
Samuelos
Up to speed
Message 20 of 48
Flag for a moderator

VM trying to hush me up: - by the way I replied to the forum via pm and received no reply so your email is factually incorrect. Please pull the message log. I'm waiting for you to call me and sort this out. And fix the issue and no call.

Hi Samuelos

You are receiving this message in regards to your recent posts. One of our team has responded to you asking for further details to assist issues you are currently experiencing and this message has been ignored. You have instead continued to post in other peoples threads causing disruption to the working of the community. We ask that if you are still experiencing any issues that you please respond to our team so that we can assist further. Please consider this message your first warning and note that further violations of the Forum Guidelines may lead to the loss of your posting privileges.

Thank you for your attention in this matter,

Moderation team
0 Kudos