Menu
Up to speed
Message 1 of 45 (519 Views)

Virgin mobile time to be honest about data roaming shambles

Virgin mobile time to be honest about data roaming shambles [ Edited ]
Post options
11 hours ago - last edited 11 hours ago

I am currently in tenerife, I have been unable to make calls for the first two days. Then they switched It on calls and txt only. My data is not working and after about 20+ phone calls i keep getting fobbed off saying wait 24 hours try rebooting your phone, this happened three times, try searching manually for a network etc etc. I run a business and needed specially email access through my data as I cannot access wifi in my location.

The real picture here is Virgin mobile have a serious issue (picked Up in the press at the end of july) with data roaming and customers going abroad and It not working and spending their whole time without access.

The phone support are lying to customers do not believe a Word that is said they are trying to hide this issue that their network is not functioning abroad correctly.

https://www.google.es/amp/s/www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2017/07/24/virgin_mobile_has_incontitent_data_...

So Virgin mobile is It time to be honest with us now? Before the press (newspapers) find out more? About your wider issue?

Is anyone from this support fórum going to admit the problem?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 45 (512 Views)

Re: Virgin mobile time to be honest about data roaming shambles

Hi Samuelos,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your data roaming service. There are several reasons that roaming isn't working and we're here to find out what's causing the problem and get this resolved for you. In order to do so, we need to make sure that the following has been tried:

Please verify that your data roaming setting on your mobile is enabled and that your APN settings are correct as noted on this post: Roaming - FAQs  or you can find your handset on our following website to have the configuration settings for mobile internet sent to your phone:  Online Send Phone Settings. If your handset isn’t on this list, you will need to manually reset the APN settings.

Also have a look at the following online Help & Support Page: Roaming Hub if you have access to WiFi.

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me so that I can look into this further for you. 

Please PM me with the following details:

• Full name on account
  • Mobile number
  • Country you are visiting

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 3 of 45 (507 Views)

[ Edited ]
Thanks for your reply teri. I have been through these genéric steps and still It is not functioning. I've gone through time and time again on the phone.

Please can you confirm Virgin mobile has severe issues with data roaming at present? And Will this be communicated to customers? Or try to hide It? And will customers be fully conpensated?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 45 (491 Views)

Sorry Samuelos,that this issue hasn't previously been sorted out for you.

We deal with numerous roaming posts every day and where sometimes the problem can be down to the network requiring a reset, this issue can also be caused by wrong handset settings (roaming settings and APN settings) or a problem with the local host network.

If you would like for me to check the network settings for your mobile, please PM me with the requested details.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 45 (488 Views)

The main reason I changed networks. I should not have to check/change this that and the other although I am technically competent.

Seamless roaming in 4 countries on my last away without having to do anything.

Up to speed
Message 6 of 45 (483 Views)

[ Edited ]
Teri I have been through the resetting of APN and refreshing network settings and all the troubleshooting manual spouted at me by a call centre in god knows where where I was repeatedly cut off and promised call backs which never occurred.

So without skirting the question again I will ask does virgin mobile have a serious issue with data roaming abroad yes or no? And why isn't this being communicated to customers? And will we all be compensated? And stop being pointed to your notoriously ridiculous complaints procedure. You have nobody taking ownership of this. Or admitting fault.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 45 (462 Views)

Hi Samuelos,

No, there isn't a serious issue causing a problem with all customer data roaming when abroad. If you would like further assistance, please send the requested details via PM.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 8 of 45 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
I think That is incorrect why are there so Many complaints about roaming when abroad? What are the call stats at present with customers unable to use their phones whilst abroad? Why is there a news article saying plain and clear that your network has fallen down when customers are abroad?

Why was I told by a customer representative last night that is a Big problem with roaming for customers whilst abroad and he has received an unforseen amount of call relating to it?

How much money Will Virgin mobile save by denying customers roaming whilst abroad?

Scrolling through the Pagés of this fórum and see how Many data roaming problems there are on each and EVERY Page.

I look forward to the stats and the response
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 45 (423 Views)

Hi Samuelos,

If you would like for me to look into this further, please send the requested details via PM.

Thank you,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 10 of 45 (418 Views)

[ Edited ]
No offence and I appreciate you trying to help me but..ive completed the generic troubleshooting steps a from VM. You would make a great politician avoiding my questions.

I have the correct specified Virgin apn settings, James at the customer service on the phone said they have now for the 3rd time rest my network options and said to wait yet another 24 hours. I dont believe a Word they say It delay táctics and lies let's see if It continúes for the duration of my time abroad. And Will update this as and when, should by some miracle Virgin mobile Fix their known roaming issues for the many of VM customers abroad.

If there is anyone at VM that wants to Fix this issue you have my number and I am yet to receive any call back or any solution.
0 Kudos