Menu
nattylou
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin mobile in France - no network?

I arrived in France last Thursday, and was waiting for my phone to ping and let me know that I was registered on a local network (SFR, Bouyges Telecom etc) but it never did.  It is now Monday and I have still not been able to contact my family by phone or text message.  My data roaming is on and I informed Virgin of the dates that I would be in France.  I have tried restarting the phone,resetting the networks, taking the battery out while the phone is on, all the things that Virgin Mobile suggest in their trouble shooting guide, but still nothing.  I'm extremely angry and frustrated, as I'm essentially paying for a service that I can't use.  Is there anything else I need to do to get my phone to work? I am a pay monthly customer. 

Also, my daughter has an Iphone SE and she can't connect to any network either, nor can she access the wifi, even though she is sat right in front of the laptop (we use SFR Wifi Fon for internet access, an online account, so no router).  Please can someone help us both as we are getting very frustrated.

Thank you in advance 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin mobile in France - no network?

Hi nattylou

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear about your roaming issues.

Could you just check your online account http://virg.in/youracc for me and confirm that the roaming is all activated and provisioned on there - Just head to 'Plan and device' and 'Manage services' and make sure 'roaming' is enabled and intentional call blocking is 'off'.

Any issues with WiFi connectivity is unrelated - are any of you able to connect to this? If not, I'd get in touch with the WiFi provider for further support.

Let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos