Menu
J0hn
Super solver
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin mobile Ireland has 4G not in the U.K. WHY

ok so I've been waiting for over three years for a 4G mobile service, yet a much smaller customer base in the Irish Republic have a 4G service

why are we in the U.K. Second class Virgin customers?https://www.virginmedia.ie/content/www-virginmedia-ie/en/mobile/sim-only

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin mobile Ireland has 4G not in the U.K. WHY

I emailed Virgen yesterday, received a prompt reply:

Hi John,

We'll have more information coming very soon.

Thanks,
Olivia

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 20 October 2016 18:50
To: Press Enquiries
Subject: 4G Mobile Internet

Hi

I'm enquiringly about your forthcoming 4G mobile service, I'm aware from a press release that you said it would be launched in October, as we are almost three weeks into October, I'm hoping you can advise me on the forthcoming release and if it will be delayed past October.

Now that's also loose info, but better than nothing
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

4G is expected later this month:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/09/24/virgin-media-aims-to-catch-up-on-4g-shift/

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Again the Telegraph report along with the USwitch article come from one unofficial source.

There is still no official announcement in the trade press. 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Order parked

Scott not helpful, I've been posting about the link you copied in and other off and on for over a month now. Virgin staff seem to have stopped mentioning any month or year for the upgrade yet again.

They have till Oct 31st no 4G no j0hn
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

ISP Review reported the same information:

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2016/09/4g-mobile-upgrade-finally-coming-virgin-media-october-2...

If you look in the comments they say they got the information direct from VM, so they at least had an official source.  Maybe the lack of an announcement is an indication that the launch has been pushed back.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If your source got it from Virgin then it was unofficial as all such stuff is put out via a Press Release which is sent to all major news sources and the main trade journals.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I emailed Virgen yesterday, received a prompt reply:

Hi John,

We'll have more information coming very soon.

Thanks,
Olivia

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 20 October 2016 18:50
To: Press Enquiries
Subject: 4G Mobile Internet

Hi

I'm enquiringly about your forthcoming 4G mobile service, I'm aware from a press release that you said it would be launched in October, as we are almost three weeks into October, I'm hoping you can advise me on the forthcoming release and if it will be delayed past October.

Now that's also loose info, but better than nothing
0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Take this info with the usual large pinch of salt , there's a thread on hotukdeals quoting a vm cs (the font of all knowledge Smiley Wink  ) . States they're launching 4G first week of November with new tariffs.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well, regardless of feeling I would be wasting my time, I've emailed a few people in and around Virgin Mobile, the most promising reply I received was: (as I didn't ask to publicise the email, I've left the contact details out).

HI John

Thank you for your email and very pleased to hear you are a customer of ours.

Yes 4G launch is imminent, and on launch day John I will drop you an email with details of our exciting 4G proposition/service and following that if you would like to be switched over to 4G I can organise a member of our team to contact you to arrange.

Thank you for contacting me and I will get in contact on launch day.

0 Kudos
Dusty_Warrior
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Short answer the deal in Ireland is with 3, uk is EE. Would be great to see in the UK but given VUK, record on delivery dates I never believe anything until the day after it happens.
0 Kudos