Menu
norrieb1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Virgin going downhill fast.

I have had many happy years off service from both Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile but in recent weeks that has changed rapidly, there are many issues but I will focus on one.  Last week I added an iPhone 6 to my mobile account as a present for my Granddaughters birthday, but now you have to have 2 separate contracts, one for the Phone and one for the sim, now I see nothing wrong with that provided it works as it should, however I was badgered about taking an extra sim for £5 which I could give to a family member, I told her i did not need another sim but she just went on and on and on so I relented so that I could then order the sim for my Granddaughters phone, I ordered a sim with 1000 minutes Unlimited texts and 500mb internet, the sim had not arrived yesterday so I phoned V Mob again and believe it or not I was on the phone for about 2 hours being passed from A to B to C.  I eventually ended up with a nice young man who apologised profusely for the amount of time I had been kept waiting, he assured me that the sim would be with me today, I await with bated breath.

This I have to say is not like the usual dealings I have with Virgin on any matter, they have usually been prompt and very reliable, I hope this is not the beginning of a decline in standards or I will have to consider taking my business elsehwere.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin going downhill fast.

Sadly, this is getting WORSE.

As an original customer of 20 years the standard of service has deteriorated rapidly.

VM are VERY quick to take your money, badger you to take on what you do not want and then just leave you to 'stew' because they can't be bothered to tell you the truth from the start.

Read how many customers on this forum have issues with VM that are not being addressed, just fobbed off with silly requests for details which have no bearing on the problem....

VM now repeatedly sells what it cannot deliver.....including 45 minute waits on hold ... being 'cut off' after 20 minutes on several occasions, denying that faults exist when the forum actually gives you a fault reference number... 

The list goes on, and on, and on...

Some people have been waiting a YEAR for just a REVIEW of a fault, leave alone any idea of an actual FIX.....

20 years of VM and it's predecessors proves that VM is going downhill faster than a bobsleigh team....Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
bs1
Superfast
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Well don't do what I did, which was kept hanging on thinking virgin will sort it, which I kept doing.  I went over to EE got unlimited text and minutes and 2g of 4g data for 12.99 which I'm more than happy with because the 4g really is fast and in a couple of weeks all EE customers on contract will be getting a free power pack/charger.

0 Kudos
DavidBurnett
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi bs1,
where do you see that offer, I couldn't spot it on the website and I'm seriously thinking of jumping ship after 15 year as a Virgin Mobile customer.
0 Kudos
bs1
Superfast
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

http://shop.ee.co.uk/cart

Look here its £15.99 but because i signed up and my daughter we got if for £12.99

DavidBurnett
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi

That explains why I couldn't find it, its a special offer that wouldn't apply to me, thanks for replying.

Still that data PAYG with the £1 a week / £10 quid a month is looking mightily tempting or maybe that £15 for 2Gb Everything pack.

0 Kudos
bs1
Superfast
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I would,have still took it at 15, I don't mind paying a bit extra for the 4 g, plus they text you when you getting near your data limit. I wish I would have done it sooner and benefited from 4g.

0 Kudos
CrazyCooter
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

if it any messing like ive had they say ill call you back five days later still no call and when you try to call them back over the five days your on hold for 30-40 mins a time then get cut off this has happened five time to me then the once i got through they said oh sorry about all your trouble ill have to call you back :-(

0 Kudos
howardmicks
Dialled in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
cordner
Settling in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I even have trouble contacting them since an awful lot of automation has gone on I am back to speaking to a device!  I have been with Virgin for Broadband, Mobile, TV and phone for almost 20 years and it is getting considerably worse.  In the old days the customer service was spot on and you could always get an answer from someone but now we have automated chat, or you could e mail and maybe ! get a reply.  I am seriously looking to give up my mobile which not too hard, I don't have a clue about how hard it is to change Broadband (anyone got any ideas?), no doubt they all make it as hard as possible. 

EE is looking like a good deal at the moment for the mobile phone and if it means that I have to buy myself out of contract then that is maybe the route I will go, I always thought it would mean losing the personal touch and risking customer service to swap but I don't see there is much to lose now but more to gain as that part of Virgin has been depleted. 

I have actually just been called by Virgin to complete a survey following on from a call this morning about changing, I would dare to say that will go no further although "completing the survey would be very helpful" according to them?  I really have my doubts.  So I have done the good customer bit,  stayed loyal,  and completed there surveys whenever prompted, took up all the offers and have most of my family converted to Virgin years ago and now find the only was is down,  it really is a shame but the decline will continue I am sure as more and more start to leave. 

It would be interesting to see if any Virgin employees actually monitor this forum to get the real feedback they so desire and if it actually makes any difference. 

0 Kudos