Menu
techotone
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin disconnected my mobile after 10 years without any notification don't trust this company

i have been a customer for over ten years and two weeks ago Virgin disconnected my mobile number without even bothering to notify me.

Now they say the number cannot be reconnected 

They say it was disconnected as it had not been used for a few months 

Even so come on Virgjn you should have had the courtesy to inform me before hand

Very annoyed customer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin disconnected my mobile after 10 years without any notification don't trust this company

Hi techotone,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear your SIM was cancelled and you were not informed by us. Appreciate this is frustrating for you.

Totally understand that you are very annoyed with not being contacted. We will certainly take your feedback on board regarding this.

I've provided a link to a previous thread for you here where our community members are discussing this scenario.

Many thanks

Take care

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
techotone
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin disconnected my mobile after 10 years without any notification don't trust this company

Hi Stephen,

Many thanks for your reply is there anyway we can get the number reactivated?

the sim was on a pays by direct debit account.

Regards

Tony

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

techotone wrote:

They say it was disconnected as it had not been used for a few months 

Even so come on Virgjn you should have had the courtesy to inform me before hand

You didn't read the terms and conditions? They notified you in there.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Surely if it is a paid by DD, then it shouldn't be cancelled, as VM are getting their money each month??

You would just lose any unused allowance??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi techotone,

Thanks for your replySmiley Happy

I'm afraid we are unable to reactivate the number once the SIM has been deactivated. 

My apologies for any inconvenience.

Take care.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
techotone
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Latest here is I phoned up customer service to complain and their offer was to connect a new number/sim but charge me £10 from my credit card as they say they cannot connect to PAYG by direct debit and to activate the sim they need to apply credit to the account, doesn't make much sense when I already have an account with an active number

What's going on here Virgin it's costing me a fortune phoning from overseas trying to get this issue resolved
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi techotone,

Thanks for your reply.

I think going forward the best option here is for me to get this looked into for you.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to gather some details from you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos