Menu
purplegirl1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin didnt cancel my contract even when I have a text to say its cancelled!!

I phoned Virgin on the 29th January (id phoned on the 27th & 28th too) to have my Sim only contract cancelled. I gave my reasons which were because I could no longer get a phone due to failing the cresit check (i only fail with virgin)

The person said it had been done and my 30 days had been put in. But id phone the day before to cancel and that person i spoke to said he would put on my notes i had phoned and my 30 days would start from the 28th (but this note was not on my account so it didnt start from the 28th)

However she said if i was interested to get on the £5 sim only (which i did ask about but i failed that due to virgin doing 2 credit checks in on day) i could phone on the 23rd feb to change it over (my usual refresh date)

I recieved a text on the 29th january saying my contract has been cancelled and would end on the 29/2/2016. I thought thats over and done with.... BUT NO ITS NOT!!

My contract hasnt ended and im being billed another month. I phoned virgin because as far as im aware its cancelled butnnow they say that I was meant to phone on the 23rd to change to the £5 deal. But i didnt agree to go ahead. The woman said I could phone if i wanted tontry for the £5 deal (as it wasnt guaranteed cos virgin had already tried 2 days before and it failed) I wasnt made aware that it hadnt been cancelled. Even though the woman i spoke to had said the cancellation had been put through and id recieved a text saying it was cancelled. So why am i having to pay another month?

The guy i spoke to says he will get a manager to check the recordings and come to a decision. If they decide i shouldbhave phoned on the 23rd feb then im gonna have to put in another 30 days notice to cancel my contract. This is extremely unfair as it means paying another bill for a number i havent used.

My last bill was 7th January so why am i expected to pay a bill for on the 7th March when the contract was cancelled?

The last time the phone was used was the 14th February and my February bill was waived because if the hassle and mistakes virgin had made as I phone 3 days in a row ro get my contract cancelled and its still not cancelled.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin didnt cancel my contract even when I have a text to say its cancelled!!

Phone up and request a PAC code (even if you don't want to take your number)

Get yourself a cheap PAYG SIM on another network and transfer the number.

Once the number is transferred you Virgin a/c is closed

Even if you don't want to use your number you can let the PAYG SIM lapse

Lot less bother in the long run

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin didnt cancel my contract even when I have a text to say its cancelled!!

Hi Purplegirl1,

Thanks for posting

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues you've had with billing. So we can look into this for you, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

You can view this by clicking the purple envelope in the top right.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
purplegirl1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I didnt recieve a call back on either of my numbers from virgin on Saturday. Even though the guy that spoke to me said they would call me back by 6pm.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for sending that over Kirsty Smiley Happy

I'll look into this for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos