Menu
duthiealan
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin customer service useless

My wife decided to buy me a samsung s6 on contract to help me continue my work whilst undergoing treatment for Cancer, the phone is only 8 weeks old and is already rebooting, freezing and switching itself off, I spoke to customer sevices and the told me they would have to have the phone back to repair I explained that this was not suitable so could iI speak to a Senior manager I was told I would have a call back in 15 minutes this never happened I tried again and was promised again that a manager would ring me back that never happened but I did get an email to say that my phone was booked for repair remember I never asked for this, Eventually 4 days later a woman rang from the repair department and spoke to my wife who told the lady about the debacle and asked if she could ring me after 6pm on Thursday or Friday (today) to which the lady promised she would, well that has`nt happened. at this time I have had a week of chemo been very sick and vulnerable without my phone Virgin I am not going away

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin customer service useless

Sorry to hear of you woes, on occasion what you report can be a app issue (not always) have you tried a factory data reset? It wipes the phone the "as new" condition but it's worth a go Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
duthiealan
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks john i have tried factory reset twice no joy
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, sadly it's a call 789 option only. Virgins T&C's allow for them to repair the phone and return it, I expect that's due to the amount of phones theft receive with physical or water damage that's not covered by the gtee, if you can get to speak to a manger they may......authorise a direct exchange, it's not "normal" for this to happen. Good luck

0 Kudos
duthiealan
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had promises that a manager would phone me this hasn't happened. I never have in my life resorted to blogging poor results but Virgin customer services are appalling thanks for you help and advice
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi duthiealan,

I'm sorry to hear that your new phone stopped working and that you have had difficulties getting in touch with a manager regarding this. 

I will send you a private message requesting more details so that I can look into this further for you. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos