Menu
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Stolen my phone!

Basically virgin have stolen my phone!

4 Weeks ago my phone started rebooting and crashing, I called Virgin Mobile and they told me they would send a jiffy bag to send it to them.. I waited a week and nothing arrived. I called up again and it turns out the person never ordered it. They said they would send another and this time it arrived 5 days later.

I sent the phone in and they told me they couldn't find a fault but have re flashed the firmware. I received the phone back and while setting up the phone it rebooted again so called them back up and they sent another jiffy bag 3 days later. I sent the phone away and heard nothing for a week even though they promise they will let you know in 48 hours of receiving the phone.

I called them up and they told me that they have found a fault but no longer stock my model of phone and they will call me to offer a replacement in 24 hours. 24 hours pass and they told me it was actually 48 hours. 48 hours pass and they tell me any day now.

This has been ongoing for over a week, the department that has to phone me never does and the people on the phone keep telling me to wait.

They have missed every SLA and deadline.

They have my phone and wont send a replacement!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Stolen my phone!

Hi Jb66,

Thank you for coming in and posting about your phone, I'm sorry to read that the phone is taking longer than usualy to be sent out.

I would like to look into this a bit more and would need to clarify some information and security before doing this. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok you will need to keep calling in, as you call 789 choose the phone fault option, you should get someone who can offer you a replacement phone of at least the same standard as the one you had. It might be a good idea to understand what phones are comparable for this, they will not give you a latest top of the range replacement if your phone is an18 month old middle of the road model, so try to set your sights accordingly. Also there is every chance it's a refurb, but that should not matter as long as it's not damaged and works 100%. The remaining guarantee from the old phone will be applied to the replacement, so no full two years, regardless of you possible getting a brand new phone ( not likely to happen )

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Been on the phone for an hour so far, say i need to wait for the department who cant be contacted to contact me, been cold transferred 3 times so far, having to explain myself over and over.

I can honestly say there is no other company on this planet as poor at treating customers as virgin mobile
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Jb66,

Thank you for coming in and posting about your phone, I'm sorry to read that the phone is taking longer than usualy to be sent out.

I would like to look into this a bit more and would need to clarify some information and security before doing this. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Jmazco
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This thread is fascinating. We are having exactly the same problem with Virgin right now. Just out of interest, I wonder if your stolen phone is an LG G4. 

We sent ours back over a week ago and are getting exactly the same response except that yesterday they actually offered us a ridiculously out of date low spec replacement. A ludicrous offer given the fact that we are still paying £18 a month for what was a reasonably high spec phone 7 months ago when we first got it.

I'd also be really interested to know if you ever got a replacement and if so how? Also what phone did they give you? 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I had to email the CEO office as the repair company didn't want to call me.

I had a note 4. They wanted to give me an s7 as a replacement. I wasn't happy with that as the note has a very large screen.

I asked for an s6edge+ or s7 edge and they said they will send me an s7 edge.

A few days later an s7 turned up (non edge model)

I sent it back as I would not accept it as a replacement and asked for a deadlock letter. A manager then gave me £450 to buy another note 4
0 Kudos