Menu
Radiator
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Sim no longer working in LG G4

I had a boot loop problem which LG fixed for me, but since I have had it back it no longer picks up a virgin signal.

The sim is recognised and works in an iPhone 4, and I have an o2 sim that works in the G4, which seams to rule out a problem with the G4 sim reader.

Any suggestions? I have a had a bit of hunt round the net and tried manually finding the network. Virgin (nor EE) shows up on either the virgin or the o2 sim.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Sim no longer working in LG G4

Hi Radiator,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

Glad to hear your phone issue is now sorted. I think the best option for us here is to try an alternate Virgin sim. Give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll sort this out for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

How did you get on with this Radiator?

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Radiator
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mat, it is really diffcult for me to call in, so I have been managing to use my old phone for calls and texts & using the G4 for everything else.

I'll try and call today and keep you posted.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

How are you getting on Radiator?

Keep me posted with any developments Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Radiator
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat,

Got a new virgin SIM today (I requested it Thursday evening) but unfortunately it is still not working.

Will have a better look when the kids are in bed but still seams to be the same problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Radiator,

Thank you for getting back to us, I'm sorry that your new SIM still isn't working. Apologies as well for the delay in getting back to you.

Checking into this further, it looks like the SIM is now activated--is it working yet?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Radiator
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

nope still not working, It's booked it for another repair Smiley Sad

hoping that virgin don't try and charge me £170 like last time, but I reckon that it is about 50-50 depending on the technician. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hey Radiator

Sorry again for the inconvenience this issue is causing, I've been speaking with a member of our team about a solution to this problem and I'd really like to locate your account to request it's looked it in more detail.

To allow me to do that, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

I look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

As you have just discovered truly faulty SIM cards are very rare, dirty contacts or incorrect seating/positioning are much more likely.

Your Virgin SIM works in ANOther handset. An O2 SIM works in your LG. So likely your Virgin SIM is fine.

Hence I am wondering if the LG is set to 4G/LTE only. Virgin Mobile does not support 4G/LTE modes. Only 2.5G & 3G modes are supported. So look in the settings and see if you need to enable or switch on 3G. Switch off 4G/LTE or 4G/LTE preferred and then power off the handset and then power it on again and see what happens.

For Android Marshmallow this setting is found in Settings>Wireless & networks>More>Mobile networks>Preferred network type