Menu
Meowologyy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobiles lost signal abroad

My family and I are all on Virgin Mobile and are currently in France. Up until yesterday, our phones had been working fine but we suddenly lost service and haven't been able to reconnect to any of the French providers. We have tried the various tips for re-establishing a connection with no success. So we all have phones that are essentially useless while out and about.

Obviously we can't troubleshoot by calling Virgin as none of us have any signal, so I'm hoping someone might be able to help us out here.

0 Kudos
Crissy16
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobiles lost signal abroad

I have the same problem. There seems no way to email Virgin and webchat constantly engaged.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobiles lost signal abroad

As Virgin Mobile is a MVNO on the EE network, I'm guessing this story about EE roaming issues in Europe is related:

Not a lot VM can do about it if the fault is with EE.

@teabag Has provided a link to an acknowledgement of the outage from EE here:

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos