Menu
55brianb
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile...what a disaster!

After a year I'm still unable to connect to wi-fi on the London Underground - it was working fine and then just stopped, and Virgin have been useless.

Virgin Mobile have, despite being a "communications" company (note the quote marks) made it so difficult to contact them that basically you're on your own when a problem arises - they seem to expect their customers to sort out all the problems of their other customers.

I've had it with them.  My number ports out later today to a network that DOES offer support to their customers, and which values them.

So long Virgin - it wasn't good or even adequate while it lasted - more fool me for staying so long.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile...what a disaster!

Lol and you will try to get wifi on the underground from...........yes Virgin is the only supplier
0 Kudos
deniseKillen99
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile are running the wi-fi service on the underground but it's offered also by O2, EE and Three at least running on the back of Virgin.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes it offered as a virgin service, just what it is, the other providers have an agreement with virgin Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
55brianb
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yea, but the poiint is that going through another provider actually works - EE connects automatically EVERY time without ANY problems.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So does virgin for me, but only issues in the main get reported on here, and your issue is very rarely reported
0 Kudos
55brianb
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

And Virgin used to for me too and then stopped, and despite numerous emails/calls to them they seemed uninterested in finding out why.

Anyway it's in the past now and they're a customer less.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi 55brianb,

I'm sorry to hear that you have left us to go a different provider and that you had ongoing problems connecting to the the London Underground WiFi service via your Virgin Mobile.

We appreciate your contribution to the Community Forum and wish you all the best with your new provider.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
55brianb
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

It would have been more useful if you'd actually tried to help me when I WAS a customer rather than apologising after I have left.

Still, that seems to be how Virgin works...

Bye

55brianb
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Oh, and one final point Terri; the guy I spoke to and who also gave me my PAC told me that when my number transferred to the other network, my SIM would become PAYG under its original number.

This was clearly untrue as a week after transfer the SIM is dead.

0 Kudos