Menu
anthonypoh
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile sim locked my Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue I'm having.

I had (note past tense) an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Alpha which I have used on O2, EE and abroad in the past.... However, about 6 months ago I signed up to Virgin Mobile (the £5pm plan) and for some reason my phone is now sim locked to only Virgin Mobile sims!!!

This really annoyed the hell out of me when I went away on holiday recently as I purchased a sim and couldn't use it, so not only was I out of pocket for purchasing a sim card, I also had no phone that I could use which caused me all sorts of problems!!!

Whenever I try to put a non-Virgin sim card into the phone, it comes up with a "SIM network unlock PIN" request and then states an invalid sim has been inserted!

I spoke to Customer services who weren't helpful at all....!! seems they can only help if the phone is purchased from Virgin Mobile!!

Firstly - why the hell have Virgin locked my previously unlocked phone?

Secondly - how do I go about getting my phone unlocked as Virgin have locked it without my permission!

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile sim locked my Samsung Galaxy Alpha

Virgin hasn't locked your phone and cant lock your phone, you need to speak to samsung

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi anthonypoh

I'm really sorry to hear about the difficulties with your Galaxy Alpha requesting a SIM network unlock PIN.

I'd like to look into this for you to see if we can offer any further assistance. Could I ask that you respond to my private message with the requested details? This can be viewed by clicking on the envelope on the top right.

Regards

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Malc2
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

My phone a Galaxy note 4 came up with the same error code when changing to a new virgin sim the Virgin shop cleared it by putting in the code 7890 it cleared it for use .Only try it though if you havnt used up all your options, I should hate it to be your last try and get the phone locked forever.

Malc

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The 7890 number is the sim activation code, normally required to activate a new/replacement sim
0 Kudos