Menu
mikeb222
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile obviously don't want my loyalty or my business!

Ok, really confused now.

Had a contract package for 2 mobiles (Galaxy s3'S) for 2 years, never missed any payments, never late paying.

Noticed could upgrade to Galaxy s6 edge so phoned in to try for that.

Apparently my internal credit level is c3 and for the upgrade needs to be raised, so this has to be sent off to whatever dept for them to ascertain whether I can have the increase, then they call me in 72 hours and tell me I can try for the new phones, and then only if I pass the external credit check which is applied to both accounts!

Also, they have no black or white s6 phones!

What is going on? 

This is not the way to make someone feel that they should stay with Virgin Mobile. As we speak I am now looking at other deals and have already found cheaper and guess what, their phones are in stock.

I have been with you 2 years, never had any payment problems and this is the way I am treated!

Quite shocking!

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile obviously don't want my loyalty or my business!

Hi mikeb222

Sorry to hear that you have had problems with your upgrade

I fully appreciate where your coming from. There are certain business rules that Virgin have so I can assure you it wouldn't be about loyalty or for them not to have your business.

If your payment history has been great then let the underwriting team review the account for you

I would imagine that after 72 hours then would have reviewed your account so by all means call the team on 789

hope it goes well

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
mikeb222
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Lee, but that's not much of an answer.

Why after 15 years has a virgin media customer, do I have to go through 2 credit checks to upgrade a phone that you don't even have in stock?

First, if my payments all check out as ok (and they will) I may be allowed to pass the "Internal" credit check, but then I still have to pass the "external" credit check.

I've looked on the terms and conditions and I can see that you obviously must pass a credit check, but that doesn't state 2 credit checks.

It's farcical. Also, you already know my payment history is good, because the assistant told me she looked and was fine. Then she said she had to send a update request to another dept. All very annoying. Then I was put through to the other dept who said "yes, it should be fine, but our contracts team need to update your account manually"

What, I'm trying to get a galaxy s6 having a Galaxy s3. Is that a very big deal? No it isn't. It's almost the same cost. £32 per month instead of £31.

Absolute joke!

Please send my email to Sir Richard, let's see what he thinks of turning good business down. I bet he didn't get where he is today by making sure loyal customers feel like common criminals! 

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

mikeb222

VIrgins processes that they follow regarding account, how they offer them and what to what level isn't appropriate content to post on the forum as its internal information only.

The internal checks things such as debt etc. virgin wouldn't upgrade your account IF you had debts with them NOT an actual CREDIT check. This is purely a CHECK

The external part IS a CREDIT check , because you take out a credit agreement or interest free loan if you like for the cost of the handset. These are guidelines set out by the FCA ( financial conduct authority). So doesn't matter if your taking a basic handset or the most expensive , Virgin would still have to credit check you for the loan part. Pretty much the same if you took a bank loan or finance for a car for example of 100 pounds or 1000 pounds. The credit check applies.

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos