Menu
robertstaunton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile major charging issues

I have 2 phones with Virgin Mobile (Daughter & Wife) when my daughters January statement came through it was for more then the normal (both phones are U/L Data, Texts & Calls) £9.65 instead of £9.50, yes I know it was only 15 pence but we checked as she said she had not gone outside her allowance.
Online bill showed a Premium Rate Text to her my wife, on calling Virgin I was advised it was a glitch in their system which they were fixing and they would refund me the 15 pence, so all well..............
No it is not, as I recieved March's statement and on checking that, they have again charged an extra 30 pence for 2 premium rate calls to my wife and not only that but did not refund the initial 15 pence when they said they would.
After a 50 minute phone call to them, it turns out it is a known problem to them, but after at least 3 months they cannot fix and the call handler admitted she was getting quite a few calls on this.
In the whole scheme of things 45 pence is not much money, but multiply that by how many Virgin Mobile customers there are and it could suddenly be a lot of money they are making if like me you accept that a bill might be a few pence more then normal.
Along comes April and same again only £2.50 this time and another 1 hour phone call, only to be told it is EE's problem and Virgin are waiting on them to resolve, Now May and already there are charges on account, another phone call this time 1.15 hours, same story, was told I had to put it in writing but they would not get back to me until they resolve the issue, the CS rep (in Asia) said he had the same issue (really) told me I could not raise a verbal complaint etc etc etc I have requested a copy of phone conversation but would like to know where I go from here, as all they tell me is phone each month and we will refund but have no idea when it will be fixed. Problem is alway on my daughters phone when she texts my wife, but not every text, not picture messages just normal texts. Also customer service attitude, particularly Asia is very poor.

Is my only option to cancel both mobile accounts, TV, Broad Band & Landline with them????

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile major charging issues

Got to give it out to you sir, its CERTAINLY not the amount that's the issue.

Although 15p x 3 million customers= 450,000 quid a month...

The issue is Virgin Mobiles constant inability to sort issues out as they seem to be at the mercy of EE.

Personally, if you are okay with broadband TV and phone I would chuck Virgin Mobile and keep the rest. We did, switched to a large supermarket that rhymes with Vesco.  Decent coverage and triple credit. 4G to boot.

Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robertstaunton,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for any frustration the charges have caused. As mentioned, we are aware of the charges and will be sure to credit  any of them.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
robertstaunton
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for taking the time to reply, but why do I have to phone every month to have these costs refunded, also what about your customers who are not aware and do not get a refund, this is theft. I cannot understand that a company as big as Virgin are unable to resolve this issue after 4 months, and I am led to believe from your totally inadequate Customer Service reps that you have no idea when this will be resolved.

So it is great that you can reply on here, but you have not answered the question I have raised.

Also why can I not make a verbal complaint, why does it have to be in writing????

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid it is not possible for us to automate the credit so calling in would be the only option to be refunded for this. We don't have a specific fix date for this and we are continually working hard to get it all sorted. With regards to the question you have raised, where we go from here is to ensure that you're credited for any incorrect charges. 

Complaints will need to be written as we do not accept complaints via email I'm afraid.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
robertstaunton
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

So every month I have to trawl through 50+ pages of my daughters account, find the relevant call charges then phone you and spend up to an hour explaining everything to get MY money refunded when you shouldn't have taken it in the first place. What sort of Global company are you, customer retention obviously means nothing, let alone customer satisfaction. This has been going on since January, why on earth can you not fix it in a timely manner, all you keep telling me is phone up and ask for my money to be credited back the following month, you have then had the money for in excess of a month then multiply that by all the customers affected, adds up I would imagine to quite a sum of money then add the interest that Virgin have earned as a result of taking money they should not have. Why can this not be escalated to someone who gives a damn and can do something.

Who is the CEO or MD of Virgin Mobile UK? please provide this information

Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me roberstaunton.

You won't need to through the whole bill to find these charges. There is a tab in your online bill to view all extra charges made on the account. I'm afraid without calling us to query the charges, we'd be unable to refund you.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
robertstaunton
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I know what the charges are and so do Virgin, you just will not admit on a public forum. You are charging certain texts as a Premium rate when they should not be, as they are part of an inclusive bundle.

Why is that your telephone support/CS reps know about this but YOU do not, stop pretending there is not a problem, and if you do not really know about this then go and ask someone.  Every month I am told it is an EE problem and until they fix it, I will continue to be charged for these texts which I then have to phone you to ask for my money back while Virgin have had the benefit of the money for over a month. Nice little earner that is for Virgin

0 Kudos
oldgit
Dialled in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Take your case to the relevant ombudsman or supervising authority.
A 'Global' media company that does not have an email address for complaints....,,,
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robertstaunton,

I've admitted in other posts on the forum that I'm aware of the premium text issue. I can assure you we're doing all we can and that you'll be compensated for  any incorrect charges. I understand it's frustrating to call and I apologise for this.

We are not in the business of earning money that is incorrectly charged to you I can assure you.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos