Menu
sjohnson91
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile goes to voice mail

My virgin mobile goes straight to voice mail when someone try to call me. Apparently, the phone never ring. The problem persists despite raised the issue to virgin customer service and changed to new sim, which they send to me. And while attempting to send message it appear as sim error. But icould ring people without any issue and use the 4G net in the mobile. I did change the mobile handset suspecting initially it could be due to handset or software issue. The virgin team thinks it could be probably due to a porting issue, as I have recently ported from 3 mobile. CAn someone kindly advice how to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile goes to voice mail

Hi sjohnson91,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your incoming calls going straight to voicemail. 

When you changed handsets, did this make any difference with the sending text error or with the incoming calls going straight to voicemail?

I'd like to look into this further for you but I'll need to take more information first, so I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi sjohnson91,

Thank you for sending the requested details via PM. I've reset the settings on the network for you. Please reboot your handset and retry this and let me know if this has stopped calls going straight through to your voicemail.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

sjohnson91
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Unfortunately its happening again. I rebooted my phone switch it on and off several times. But when someone calling me going to voicemail again, and i cannot send any messages to anyone..
0 Kudos
BigSam1
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi sjohnson91.
I have had the same problem. I've been able to temporarily fix it. I don't know what phone you have but on my Samsung I can go into settings, then mobile networks and then select network operators. From here, if I attempt to switch to any of the other providers it tells me that my phone isn't set up for this network but if I then select Virgin again, it reconnects me and I can receive calls and send texts again. However, the problem returns whenever I try to use my internet banking to set up a new recipient to pay money to. As part of the authentication process I am supposed to receive an automated call from the bank to authenticate the transfer. This call never arrives and from that point I can no longer receive calls or send texts. This has only happened since I switched from Ee to Virgin.
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Loads of of post about internet banking causing problems. Never been a solution as far as I remember

0 Kudos
sjohnson91
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Thanks for your input. I believe, in my case as well, its the authentication from banking provider triggered the problem again. I will follow what you have done to rectify the issue. But Virgin mobile team has to find a way resolve this issue.
Many thanks
0 Kudos
unhappy8
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

100% same issue. But when I tried the network thingie on the settings mine just keeps on searching. I am.so fed up
0 Kudos
rockies
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat. Can't recieve text or phone calls and unable to send texts (iMessage, outbound calls and data all work) 2nd time it's happened to me and now they say it's a handset problem with the iPhone 7 and need to take it to an apple centre (booked in for Wednesday). Only had the contract and phone 3months today. Virgin were no help at all saying it was the handset (even though tried sim in another phone and still didn't work) will let you know what apple say.
0 Kudos
rockies
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Update.

Apple have replaced the iPhone. Come home and guess what can not still receive calls or text. Can't even send text either. Spoke to virgin who have now admitted it is a known problem and have raised a ticket with technical department. Now been told it will be fixed in 3-5 working days. It's a joke had to go out and buy a 2nd SIM card (not virgin) and use my old iPhone
0 Kudos