Menu
lastchance
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Web page never updated.

I am due an upgrade and thought that I would stay with Virgin - but they are making it very difficult.

What was meant to be a 5 minute job is turning into a daily chore of trying to submit my order and getting nowhere (except closer to leaving).

The problem (I presume) is very simple, they never update what is in stock on their website - I chose a Sony Xperia M5 as my next  phone, the front page says it is stock, I select the tariff and press add to basket and it out of stock. This has been going on for weeks - all I ask is for them to have the same stock levels being shown on the same website so we, the customers know what is available. 

I did flag this up on online chat but was told to check back in a few days since stock arrives regularly. In this case that is obviously not the case. 

The above problem does not affect the mobile service but it is an indicator of the quality of service and is probably the straw that has broken this camel's back since Virgin have offered me in the last 2 years:

Poor / no web data / internet connection within areas of G64 (Glasgow),
Voicemail  that does  not work -  after trying to get it fixed at least 4 times
International data bundle updates that disappear / cannot be purchased by text
Selling phones that do not have 5ghz frequency meaning that it is not compatible with Bluetooth / Wifi at the same time
No 4G etc 

OK - Rant over!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Web page never updated.

Forgive me but I dont understand, why are you upgrading with virgin if your not happy with the service?

0 Kudos
lastchance
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The problems I mentioned are all small, a new phone will hopefully solve some of them. The cost, package and flexibility that Virgin offer therefore still make them an attractive provider.  The fact that I identified a phone and package meant that it was better the devil you know rather than another change (and i have used 3, Orange and Vodafone in the past 20 years and none of them were perfect).

I wanted to flag up to Virgin Mobile that they need to try harder to retain / gain customers by making sure their website is up to date. Identifying a method to do this outside calling them / instant chat was also not easy so i chose this forum.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's good to read you are trying to help virgin identify their issues, I suspect that most of them are flagged here every week if not daily. Also major Virgin issues are: roaming, when it goes wrong staff seem unable to help - a training issue in my view. Porting in, again a major issue, this time for new customers, Virgin seem unable to correctly diagnose these issues, staff frequently give poor and incorrect advice again a major training issue. Finally front line staff make promises they can't or don't keep. Again due to training, monitoring by management, lack of staff to take the calls in a timely manner. And the icing on the cake the ongoing new sales issue that have been running for almost 8 months with o sign of resolution. A further mar or issue not related to any of the above is the abysmal 3G service and still no sign of a 4 G service regardless of what advisors may say.

I feel much better after getting that lot off my chest  Smiley Happy

HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

J0hn wrote:

It's good to read you are trying to help virgin identify their issues, I suspect that most of them are flagged here every week if not daily. Also major Virgin issues are: roaming, when it goes wrong staff seem unable to help - a training issue in my view. Porting in, again a major issue, this time for new customers, Virgin seem unable to correctly diagnose these issues, staff frequently give poor and incorrect advice again a major training issue. Finally front line staff make promises they can't or don't keep. Again due to training, monitoring by management, lack of staff to take the calls in a timely manner. And the icing on the cake the ongoing new sales issue that have been running for almost 8 months with o sign of resolution. A further mar or issue not related to any of the above is the abysmal 3G service and still no sign of a 4 G service regardless of what advisors may say.

I feel much better after getting that lot off my chest  Smiley Happy

You also forgot to mention that promise 'that someone will phone you back' but NEVER does, (it's just a means of getting rid of you, they never intended to phone you back anyway), and the absence of even basic call forwarding, and the deliberate ploy of employing non english speaking 'customer service' staff to read pigdin english scripts it an attempt to get you to leave...Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

(regarding roaming, let's be honest here, VM can't even organise a decent service in UK, let alone abroad!! so you have NO chance....)

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You must also point out the bits that also work well.
Ie: like there has never been a problem with taking DD monthly from the my bank. lol
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:
You must also point out the bits that also work well.
Ie: like there has never been a problem with taking DD monthly from the my bank. lol

Or the twice yearly automatic price increases they never seem to forget to add on  Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos