Menu
FranP
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Transferring Current Customers to 4G?

I have 2 numbers with Virgin Mobile and without my knowledge one of them was suddenly changed to a 4G package.  It appears to be at a reduced rate so that I would not be paying any extra than my original monthly payment.  I had no idea whether I had also been moved from a 30 day rolling contract onto a 12 month contract or why it had been changed.

This sounds great but it has taken me a number of phone calls being transferred from one person to another. Two people told me I had received a call from Outbound Sales but I had definitely not.  Besides, it appears the replacement sim was ordered at 07.28am so Outbound Sales wouldn't even have been working at that time.  Finally someone has told me that all current customers are being moved over to 4G and that my second number will also be moved but she couldn't say when.

Is anyone actually able to confirm that all current Virgin mobile customers are being moved over to a 4G package at a reduced rate so they don't pay any more than their current tariff?  Great if it is correct but I have been told so many things I don't know what to believe.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
loginlogin
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Mobile Transferring Current Customers to 4G?

Hi FranP, and fellow Virgin Mobile customers!

I don't think that you have anything to worry about.

I have 2 SIM's on 30 day contracts (1 for myself and 1 for my wife), both of these were £5.15 a month for 250 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB of Data.

On 18th July I received a text telling me that a new 4G SIM would arrive in the post in the next 14 days, it also mentioned about data rollover.  When my monthly allowance refreshed on 23rd July, I was most surprised to find that I had 1500 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB of data (plus nearly 500MB of unused data from the previous month), the monthly cost has now gone down to only £5 a month.

My wife has not received any texts about a new SIM, her SIM has the same 'refresh' date of the 23rd of the month and her cost is still showing as £5.15 for 250 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB of Data.

When I called Virgin Mobile to query what was going on, I was told that my SIM was already capable of 4G so they didn't need to send a new one.  I asked if my wife's SIM would be getting upgraded with the extra minutes and data, and was told yes it would, but they could not tell me when as they are upgrading them in batches.

I have not been notified of any changes to the length of the contract, so I am presuming (and hope!) that it remains on a 30 day rolling contract basis.

Does anybody else have any more information on this???

Pete

All Replies
FranP
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I don't want to seem ungrateful but just need clarification on whether the free upgrade is legit or whether someone has accessed my account without authorisation.  This is because the first I heard of the account change was an email to say my new sim was on it's way.  This then prompted me to access my account as I knew I had not ordered a new sim.

0 Kudos
TommityB
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to reply with nothing useful however I think your thread also covers my issue. I'm currently on 30 day sim free with 3g only. I want to stay on 30 day only but upgrade to 4g and the support say it's not possible. Their 3g only is spamming my phone so I have to change it and don't really want to leave Virgin but may have no other choice. Any thoughts?
Tom
0 Kudos
FranP
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No idea I am afraid TommityB.

Do admins read these posts?  I was hoping maybe an admin might be able to shed some light on my situation?

0 Kudos
FranP
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So has nobody else suddenly received an upgrade to 4G without requesting it? I really smell something fishy here. Please could an admin advise?
0 Kudos
loginlogin
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi FranP, and fellow Virgin Mobile customers!

I don't think that you have anything to worry about.

I have 2 SIM's on 30 day contracts (1 for myself and 1 for my wife), both of these were £5.15 a month for 250 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB of Data.

On 18th July I received a text telling me that a new 4G SIM would arrive in the post in the next 14 days, it also mentioned about data rollover.  When my monthly allowance refreshed on 23rd July, I was most surprised to find that I had 1500 minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB of data (plus nearly 500MB of unused data from the previous month), the monthly cost has now gone down to only £5 a month.

My wife has not received any texts about a new SIM, her SIM has the same 'refresh' date of the 23rd of the month and her cost is still showing as £5.15 for 250 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB of Data.

When I called Virgin Mobile to query what was going on, I was told that my SIM was already capable of 4G so they didn't need to send a new one.  I asked if my wife's SIM would be getting upgraded with the extra minutes and data, and was told yes it would, but they could not tell me when as they are upgrading them in batches.

I have not been notified of any changes to the length of the contract, so I am presuming (and hope!) that it remains on a 30 day rolling contract basis.

Does anybody else have any more information on this???

Pete

FranP
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks Pete, that is reassuring Smiley Happy
0 Kudos