Menu
kashiup
Up to speed
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile My Account App

Hi. Is this app ever going to be updated. It's not been updated in nearly two years and is very dated compared to competition. The logo even is virgin media very first and seems that the app is being neglected. Needs to be like others like seeing snapshot of bills etc. In general virgins apps are good but the mobile app has got to be the worst. It even isn't optimised for the latest iPhones. Please make it better. Thanks.
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile My Account App

With the demise of SmartCall what is left?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi kashiup,

Thanks for stopping by to ask this. I appreciate your enthusiasm with this as it would be great to have an app where everything is in one place.

I'm not aware of this being updated any time soon though. If we have any more information on this then we'll be sure to post in the news and events board.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
kashiup
Up to speed
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rich,

With the current app. It is not properly supported for the iPhone 6. The text is blurred and some of the writing is cut off the screen. At least that needs to improve if nothing else is going to be done.

It would also be a great thing if you could see on the app how much you have spent e.g current balance.
0 Kudos
Eric_T
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried https://m.virginecare.com/ecare/ ? You have to connect first over the phone network so they can authenticate you, but after that it works over WiFi.

I found it when I changed to a Windows phone for which they never had an app, but it seems pretty good to me. It shows usage bars for phone minutes, mobile web and texts relative to your contract, with numerical displays added. It has a "Your Tariff" section with a brief summary of what you have paid for. There is a"Top-up" section (which I don't use on my contract). The help section just links you to help pages.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Eric_T wrote:

Have you tried https://m.virginecare.com/ecare/ ? You have to connect first over the phone network so they can authenticate you, but after that it works over WiFi.

I found it when I changed to a Windows phone for which they never had an app, but it seems pretty good to me. It shows usage bars for phone minutes, mobile web and texts relative to your contract, with numerical displays added. It has a "Your Tariff" section with a brief summary of what you have paid for. There is a"Top-up" section (which I don't use on my contract). The help section just links you to help pages.

Has that link above been changed to this for when checking your mobile account via a web browser on phone or computer rather than the actual app on the phone?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The ecare link should work in a phone browser when connected to mobile data. It won't work on a computer and hasn't been designed to.

On a computer or a mobile device that doesn't have your SIM in it, you do need to use the mobile.virginmedia.com address.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
paperclip
Rising star
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

But that ecare link is bringing up that error I posted on here when using Google Chrome via mobile.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried a different browser on your mobile device at all?
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BenMcr wrote:
Have you tried a different browser on your mobile device at all?

Yes, and I get an authentication error using firefox this time.

I tried clearing cache but no luck.

The app on the phone works plus that other link, but not that ecare link.

0 Kudos