Menu
DerekH14
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Mobile Internet signal

Cannot seem to get Virgin Mobile internet apart from on wifi - phone (Lumia735) continuously showing "H" signal received rather than "H+" that I normally have. Any ideas please?s

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Mobile Internet signal

Hi DerekH14,

There are a few different things that would be normal to see on your handset when it comes to data symbols, for normal data strengths we would expect your mobile phone to have either 3G, H or H+, those 3 are normal data symbols, the speed between each of the 3 will vary, however not by very much, the lowest data symbol that can appear on the mobile phone would be E this one would indicate that you possibly have low signal or there’s a potential issue with the masts in the area you are in when the E is present.

The H that you have displayed would indicate that currently you have speeds that are faster than 3G, to explain what the symbols mean and what speeds they have I have included a link just in case you would like to read more about it. The site i have linked in is a 3rd party site and not part of the virgin group, this is however still a great technical site. 

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Take care,

Kelly

0 Kudos